Archinect
anchor

M.Arch Grad Rings

nrthrntwns

Question for the masses.

Are there traditional rings (much like those handed out in engineering) for M.Arch graduates?

I've heard some whispers, but nothing definitive.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nov 11, 15 10:00 pm
Non Sequitur

Why?

Nov 11, 15 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
Just the invisible brass rings dangled in front of us by life.

We didn't have any at Tulane besides the school rings you can buy and a gargoyle type one for the Tau Sigma Delta chapter (was originally called Gargoyle Society at Tulane).
Nov 11, 15 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

Only special ring is the student loan shackles toward career and financial depression. 

Nov 11, 15 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Lol...Only Canadian engineering students get the iron ring, no one else and there's a reason behind it. If you wanted one you should of became a Canadian engineering student.

Nov 12, 15 3:18 am  · 
 · 
nrthrntwns

Non Seq: Curiosity at this point. I'm involved in a student group and some people have been asking about it/know people from other Canadian universities who have received or purchased them.

Josh: I thought it would probably be more a school ring, or a graduation memento as opposed to the engineering ring.

archi: I know the story behind the engineering ring, if I wanted one of those I would have finished that degree instead of this one.

Nov 12, 15 10:08 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ I've graduated from 2 different Canadian architecture universities and never has the subject of rings been brought up. Tell who ever needs a trinket as a memento for their school years to order a the typical Josten's ring.

The cult around the p.eng pinky finger ring is embarrassing enough. No need to adopt that.

Nov 12, 15 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

It's in the US too: Order of the Engineer ring: http://www.order-of-the-engineer.org/?page_id=10

I've seen some architect's take the school ring from the MArch school, though traditionally it's a collegiate thing.

Nov 13, 15 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
alrightalright

wow.. i thought this ended in highschool.

Nov 16, 15 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
kungapa

You'll have rings under your eyes, I guess.

Nov 17, 15 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: