Archinect
anchor

European Architecture Schools

Mr.Splash

Hey guys,

My name is Jason and I am a grade 11 high school student in Canada.

I have a true passion for architecture and would like to attend an architecture school after graduation. I am an academically high-achieving student with an excellent artistic talent. While I am definitely going to apply for Canadian universities such as McGill and Waterloo, my goal is to study in Europe. More specifically, Cambridge, UCL, and ETH Zurich's architecture programs are my top three most ideal post-secondary paths.

So, in short, I would like to know the general things these schools will expect and require of you, such as high school grades (in %), types of content in the portfolios, etc.

Honestly, any information about these schools would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sep 14, 15 4:38 pm
Non Sequitur

Portfolio is key to any top school since grades are only used to cull the pack. With that said, Mcgill and Waterloo are top-notch schools and you should not ignore them when applying. I'd place (most of) their graduates in line with the "ivies" of the US any day.

What you need to consider is where you would like to work/practice after your years in university. If you want to return to Canada, you need to know that in order to qualify for intern-architect status and start earning experience hours towards license, you need a master's degree.

What I've suggested to others in the past is to fight hard to get into the top Canadian schools for undergrad then once you've mastered the basics and earned your first degree, start looking overseas for that extra something special.

Good luck.

Sep 14, 15 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
Mr.Splash

Thanks for the info guys

Sep 15, 15 7:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: