Archinect
anchor

Free online sources for BIM, CAD, Sketch-up models

FireGuy

Hi all,

I'm an "early on the path" architecture student and was wondering if anyone knew of good sources for finding BIM, CAD, and Sketch-Up models.

The sources I've found are

ARCAT.com and CADdetails.com

Has anyone used either of these platforms? Does one have better quality tools than the other?  Any other free sources I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your input :)

Aug 27, 15 6:47 pm
thearchitectsguide

By far the best resource for SketchUp models is their own 3D Warehouse:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/

You can then export as .dwg if you would like to use it in other CAD programs.

Brandon

www.thearchitectsguide.com

Aug 28, 15 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Revit City

Aug 29, 15 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
A.I.

Revit City is good for finding some really good items, but the overall quality of family creation on there by users is not always up to par, and will usually have to be cleaned up.

wwww.bimobject.com is pretty good.  All the models there are created from manufacturer specs by the website in coordination with them.  The manufacturers actually pay bimojbect a fee to create/host their models for free as a form of advertising.  I've found some pretty good items on there.

Aug 30, 15 12:19 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

AI is right about Revit City, it's hit or miss, as many of the supposed .rfa files are created in something other than Revit. ARCAT is good.

Aug 30, 15 12:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: