Archinect
anchor

An Architectural Comic Trilogy

aicull2

Hello fellow architecture enthusiasts!

I am a grad student in the MArch program at UIC and am in the midst of launching my own project with my colleague Danny Travis. It is an architecture comic-zine that seeks to tell a story in the combination of CAD style drawings with whimsical cartoons and narrative.  The project is called Beautifully Banal and looks to combine the sort of super mundane drawing conventions you would expect to see from any generic architecture project and uses them to tell a story through a new lens of representation--namely one that prioritizes a spatial understanding above all else.  Through working in this method we hope to uncover a deeper understanding of drawing conventions used in architecture as well as try to connect with a larger audience that may not be trained in architecture.

The project initially won second place in the architecture fairy-tales competition hosted by Blank Space NYC, and we are now in the process of expanding our comic into a full book.  We have launched a Kickstarter campaign for the project last Monday, but we are seeking out avenues to help promote the work beyond our own small network-- I think this type of project is novel in its efforts to connect with both architects and a general audience simultaneously so we think it has a real potential to reach a greater number of people, and were hoping some of the people of Archinect would be interested.  If you’d like to see more about the project, you can view our in-progress Kickstarter page, as well as this link that will show you a high-res preview of the project itself.  Happy reading!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theculleralexander/1274471202?token=5b385ce6

http://www.theculleralexander.com/beautifully-banal-promo-page

The Complete Beautifully Banal, now live on Kickstarter

Jun 21, 15 8:45 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: