Archinect
anchor

Examples of physical model trees / plantations

ppss

We are making a large physical model at 1:500 with a large plantation on the site. I'm looking for ideas/examples of model trees as the plantation is a large part of the context. I guess affect of the collective matters more than the appearance of the singular  tree. Any thoughts / references would be much appreciated!

Jul 11, 11 6:20 am
le bossman

i tend to be a fan of the twisted-wire method for more abstract looking trees, but a trip to the hobby or model train store is probably your best bet if you need to have a zillion trees in a plantation.  if you want them to be more abstract, you can spray paint them white or grey. 

Jul 11, 11 9:41 am  · 
 · 

for a large 3d printed presentation model (which was mostly white- all about showing form not materials) we lasercut little clusters of trees in plan on 2 mm plexi and sand papered them to make them translucent then stuck them on little clear tubes with super glue... very nice looking but it all depends on the scale and material detail you are going for

Jul 11, 11 10:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: