Archinect
anchor

Are diagrams in architecture bullshit and ditto for process?

awaiting_deletion

actually a lot of scientistist, business MBA types, anf economicists etc...use diagrams and its not special to architecture. the types of diagrams that Peter Eisenman and the likes talk about are essentially Set Theory Mathematics, its just the mathematician resorts to a numerical clarification/proof over a graphic proof. its a possibly useful tool and nothing more -you know like CAD.

Jun 24, 15 6:25 am  · 
 · 
alrightalright

examples of diagrams that are similar to architectural diagrams?

Jun 24, 15 9:21 am  · 
 · 
alrightalright

visual examples I mean.. I'm not sure I buy the mathematics examples if it isn't visual; seems quite different. 

quite wrong to put diagramming in the same category as CAD.. diagramming (defined as the "sketch" of a distilled idea) has been around for thousands of years. computer aided drawing, well... not to mention diagramming is really more of a thought process (can be done with many different medium), while cad is a specific output method. a more appropriate comparison would be drafting with a lead holder vs. cad.

Jun 24, 15 9:49 am  · 
 · 

so anyway, we got an honorable mention in an international competition while some anony'mouse' people in this thread were regarding me as an 'idiot' sooo as a matter of factly. This should be a good response to your personal vendettas towards me and maybe read twice and understand what was said before you vomit in my car.

Aug 22, 15 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

This thread allowed me to come up with a new word - "martyllatio," which describes the state of perceived martyrdom one discovers while performing non-stop auto-fellatio.

Orhan, that is truly your gift to us, the architectural community. Be proud. #martyllatio

Aug 22, 15 7:09 pm  · 
 · 

or is it auto-hating-orhan? obviously i bother you particularly. i wonder why? surprises me because you otherwise usually write about office accounting. why about genitalia all of a sudden?

Aug 22, 15 9:01 pm  · 
 · 

This AGAIN.....

Aug 22, 15 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

what? this again comment came from Balkins.......thats the standard balkins post

Aug 22, 15 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Orhan, believe me, nobody cares. You got the ball rolling by writing up a bunch of attention-grabbing claims/ questions, but you seem incapable of even attempting to defend or explain, and instead revert to childish name-calling. What's your point?

Aug 22, 15 11:41 pm  · 
 · 

what? you no longer giddy about creating names..? bowling_bowl... sounds like a winner. why are you sidestepping my questions? afraid of the mirror? or the cat?

Aug 23, 15 12:31 am  · 
 · 

This is my #2 post in this entire thread.

Why the f--k is this being rehashed again?

I had just went through this 4 scrolls of headache. Aspirin please.

Aug 23, 15 12:59 am  · 
 · 
led signal light

Richard W.C. Balkins, Professional Building Designer, 

can you shorten your name please you are wasting too much bandwidth? And, that's not the only thing you are wasting.

Aug 23, 15 1:34 am  · 
 · 

LOL. I haven't broke the computer.

Unless you are using an acoustic coupler and connect to the internet at 75 baud, you shouldn't have any problems. 

13 additional bytes compared to the way I had it before isn't going to make a dent on bandwidth on megabit internet service.

Aug 23, 15 2:48 am  · 
 · 

So what, a little more white space is provided for.

Aug 23, 15 3:00 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

appears i owe someone, some diagram examples outside of architecture

Mathematics - Topology

this would be closest to an architects literal interpretation of Diagram straight to From,  OMA, BIG, REX, etc...

if they were architects a model would be preferred, like this

Diagrams in Business

Diagrams in Economics

/\ OMA would turn that graph into a building - literally

Science Diagrams

Diagraming is nothing more than a tool, just like AutoCAD.

Aug 23, 15 9:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: