Archinect
anchor

B.Arch or B.Sc Arch?

psuarez2
Hi guys, so I've come to a point where I need help of the Archinect community.

Basically the thing is I've done 1 year of Bachelor of Architecture in Mexico & recently the opportunity presented itself to go to Germany and do a Bachelor of Science in Architecture. I don't really mind starting over since I've only done 1 year, but I'm concerned about the lost time since I need to do a year of language course at the University before actually going to Architecture classes. So I guess the two questions I hope you can help me out with are:

1- Is the difference really THAT significant that it's worth waiting that year and obtain a German degree in the end?

2- What are the differences between B.Arch and B.Sc Arch other than one being 5 years and the other 3 years?

Thanks

May 27, 15 12:27 pm
yasmine.kaissi

even though you probably have already made a decision, ill answer for others who either have the same opportunity or are in a similar situation.

To study in Germany you need to at least reach a level of B2 in german language, you could complete the A1 and A2 german language if you have the opportunity to study it at a language institute wherever you are. 

The advantages to studying in Germany, regardless of the extra year of German language is if you are going to a public German university education is generally free (so i have heard), you would have done the same amount of time doing your degree in Germany as you would in whichever country you are in.

The question you should ask yourself is that if a German architecture degree is worth learning a completely different language as well as, are you willing to sacrifice moving to a different country to obtain a bachelor in architecture.

for question number two you can find out here 

http://study.com/articles/Bachelor_of_Architecture_vs_BS_in_Architecture_How_to_Choose.html 

although I am not sure it applies to Europe or not 

ps- This is not a professional opinion, its just research I found helping out a friend who wanted to study there.

pps- i know this is a long overdue answer but i wanted to answer for anyone in a similar situtation

i hope you are happy with whatever you chose :) 

Feb 7, 16 6:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: