Archinect
anchor

Colour in Architecture Education Curriculum??

stayclassy94

Hi everyone,

I am looking to apply to an architecture program. I love physics and engineering but I am also very artistically-oriented, particularly in the sense that I like to deal with colour in conjunction to its psychological effects and its harmony with forms. In fact, I first decided to pursue architecture after I visited Gaudi's architectural sites so you pretty much get the idea of my type of architecture.

However, I feel like many architecture programs' curriculum doesn't have a great focus on some design elements that deal specifically with the aesthetics of the exterior appearance, like colour and pattern, etc. Most times I feel like the curriculum focuses more on the technical drawings and model-buildings.

Can anyone give me advice on how I should go about satisfying both my artistic and technical tendencies or suggest any schools (preferably in North America OR South Korea) which has a better balance in arts/aesthetics side and technical side in their architecture program curriculum? 

Thanks in advance! :)

May 1, 15 11:58 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: