Archinect
anchor

Is it worth getting a B.Arch?

Currently enrolled at NYIT finishing my second year, I had originally planned on going into the B.Arch Program graduating, licensed, architect. But is it worth going 4 year construction management, with the option of going to grad school afterwards. everyone I talk to says its way better pay, less liability, and easier to get a job. Opinions?

Apr 29, 15 3:22 pm

Go to construction management. Forget being an architect. It isn't a real profession anymore. Just look at the thread topic on drawing penis around potholes to get the city to fix potholes.

UNLESS you have a fascination for penises.

Apr 29, 15 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
cajunarch

If you want to be an architect, get your BArch or MArch and become one - if you are interested in construction management, go get that degree or work for a contractor and work your way up the ranks - asking this forum full of cynical people for career advice is mostly a waste of time - do what YOU want to do, for the reasons YOU value.  And if getting a CM degree and then grad school makes the most sense to you for flexibility, then why not?  To me, it sounds like the long way to become an architect, but I wasn't interested in CM.

Apr 29, 15 10:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: