Archinect
anchor

Architecture degree after marketing master

Yooxx

Hello everyone, 

I'm a 23 year-old French student who has almost finished his master program from a French Business School specialized in Marketing. In France, a bachelor degree lasts for 3 years (I was in college studying languages and communication) and the master degree lasts for 2 years. 

I should be probably eager stop school and start working but the thing is that I'm not really interested in the Marketing/Communication field and would like to do something much more creative, to actually create. 

I happen to be a person very interested by interior design, furniture design & architecture in general. The only problem about trying to study architecture is that it lasts at least for 5 years and France. Considering that I'm already 23, I have problem with the fact of being a student for 5 more years.. I'b been searching a lot lately about programs that would be shorter than 5 years and found out that a lot of US universities offered graduate programs in architecture for people who don't have studied in the architecture field before. 

So I have a couple of questions in mind for you guys. Have you heard of something similar in another country than the US? Do you think that it's a good idea to do a graduate program? I think that I'm a bit more interested in interior design, do you think it's a smarter idea to become an architecture and still do interior design? 

Thank you for your help, I'd would mean a lot for me :)

Mar 5, 15 6:35 pm
Yooxx

Anyone?

Mar 6, 15 7:32 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Associates program at Parsons New school. 3 semesters. Done.

Mar 6, 15 7:47 am  · 
 · 

Give a few days.

Mar 6, 15 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
Ace864

I totally understand you. I have a degree in Business&Management and I am interested in architecture and interior design. I would love to study interior design, but I heard you need to do your bachelors degree again for that.

Jul 20, 20 7:42 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Here is a website with some info

https://www.collegechoice.net/... 

No point in getting an arch degree if you want to do interiors. VA Tech (#4 on the list has both) so you can bounce back and forth if your interests change) 

Jul 20, 20 8:12 am  · 
 · 
Hunterecca

Marketing and another degree might be a good idea. Maybe you can do  a marketing for an architecture company?

Jul 20, 20 10:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: