Archinect
anchor

Software Certificates | during/after Masters Program in USA | for seeking jobs

SHYR

Hello,

As far as I know architects do not need any software certificates to prove their skills on softwares, especially on Autocad, 3ds max, Revit Architecture etc. But recently one of relatives (not an architect) who is currently living in USA gave me an advice that if it is ok to do a job in architectural office during the masters program, I should get an authorized certificate on Autocad and 3ds max for seeking jobs.

If I really need that then I have to start work on it right now. Though I have completed my B.arch degree in five years through these softwares. So, I am little bit confused about this thing.

Do the architects or students of masters program in USA really need the certificates on softwares for seeking jobs?

I am seeking for answers regarding this matter and please feel free to discuss on this topic.

Thanks

---

Jan 20, 15 1:16 pm
Non Sequitur

No. You don't need a certificate. You'll learn more about the software after a few days working in a an office than you will by paying for some bullshit software certificate.

Jan 20, 15 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

I don't think so, I've had a few jobs (No masters yet) and one interview at a large firm asked if I would do a Revit test.  It was an easy test.  That's about all that has been asked about technology... most can see that I'm adept at tech through my portfolio. 

Jan 20, 15 1:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: