Archinect
anchor

architecture school for undergraduate student in usa

kden

hei i'm from indonesia and i just moved to USA precisely in  LA , and i think i want to transfer to this country , can you tell me which one the good school? should not the best 

Dec 2, 14 11:01 pm
justinritchey17

There are many good architecture schools in the US. It depends on what state you want to practice at and what your GPA is. LA has UCLA which is a good school. There is also UC Berkley and Cal Poly in California. Of course there are the Ivy league schools that are good but they are expensive and hard to get into. Outside of CA there is University of Washington, University of Texas, Rice University, University of Houston, Cornell University, and much more. I go to UT San Antonio, which is easy to get in, easier courses, cheaper and does not require a portfolio. If you don't mind moving to Texas, UTSA would be a good choice. If you have any other questions please ask. Here is a list of the top 100 arch schools in the US you can look out.

http://architecture-schools.findthebest.com/

Dec 5, 14 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Since you seem to be on a bizarre UTSA propaganda tour of the Archinect, I'm just going to say this every time you make it necessary. 

UTSA has a fucking terrible architecture program. Absolutely embarrassing, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they lose their accreditation the next time it comes around.

Dec 6, 14 10:22 pm  · 
 · 

As a former staff of NAAB, I can share that architecture programs do not LOSE their accreditation; instead, they typically receive a minimal term of 3 years and if the substantial deficiencies are not addressed, a program could then lose their accreditation.  In over the last 30 years, only one program has lost their accreditation.  

I hope this helps.

Dec 14, 14 11:05 am  · 
 · 
kden

Is calpoly pomona is a good school?

Dec 22, 14 12:40 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Thanks Lee. My point was just that they are nowhere near meeting the list of minimum NAAB accreditation standards, in addition to being academically abysmal. They might be in the process of turning that around, but as of last spring it was an utter catastrophe. 

Dec 22, 14 1:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: