Archinect
anchor

TOEFL

mindarch

Hi,I just got my toeflibt sores and i am applying for march at gsd.

i Got a 99 and the minimum requirement is 92 with a min in each section of 23.

but i scored high scores in all sections except the reading section. 

reading-21 all other sections above 24

should i take the test again?

Sep 9, 14 2:48 pm
thompson's gazelle

I thought the minimum requirement was 100 minimum, but maybe things have changed over the past few years. Anyways, no, they don't really care about test scores. TOEFL and GRE are probably the last two criterion to decide who gets in or not. Worst case scenario, they will tell you to take the test again if they want you or you'll go into a summer language program prior to the beginning of fall semester (don't really know how they make the decision though). Although I do understand what you're worried about--not wanting to leave any possible holes in your application--I'd say get the more important things done first. Be specific in your SOP, ask a native or near-native speaker with an "architectural background (important!!)" to proofread it. Get recommendations from gsd affiliates if possible.When you have about an extra month or so after you feel pretty comfortable with your portfolio, SOP, and recommendations, take the test again. You have about 3 months, and that's in my opinion plenty of time depending on how you use it. Hope it helps.

Sep 10, 14 9:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: