Archinect
anchor

adobe customer service/upgrading to cs 5

prairie school drop out

i just wanted everyone to know that if you happened to purchase cs4 within the month prior to cs5 coming out (in april), you are eligible for a free upgrade. adobe (of course) doesn't make this option well known or easy, and customer service is AWFUL (maybe the worst i have ever dealt with, or certainly, close). you were supposed to have done this by the end of july (if you're eligible), but i wanted everyone to know that it's still possible. i just got my copy of cs5 and hopefully it was worth the 6 week fight.

after all this, i'm not sure it's really worth it to purchase this software (since there are other avenues available). adobe does not make me feel like a valued customer.

Oct 17, 10 11:18 am
hedemane

teach me your ways.

i bought cs4 in april and was told i could "upgrade whenever i felt like it." i called two weeks ago and got nothing but a pitch to sell me cs5.

my fault for being lazy, their fault for being vague.

Oct 19, 10 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
prairie school drop out

they are jerks! it's not your fault! call again!

i had to call repeatedly, telling them that their answer was unacceptable, that it was a false promise to advertise a free upgrades and then place a time limit on them without letting anyone know the details.

i always demanded to talk to the manager (and complained about hold times, initial phone-answerer's unitelligible accents, their refusal to give me a direct phone number or email to higher ups, etc).

i mentioned that i was going to be sure that everyone i knew would hear about this, and how i could not possibly recommend anyone purchasing their software, especially when it's *ahem* so readily available for free. i also told them i was never ever buying anything from them again.

this was on the phone AND on the inane online customer service communications system.

i had prepared a letter to send to the senior manager for customer service in their offices in california, but they finally came through, so i never actually sent it.

i feel bad for the poor customer service people to whom i was HORRIBLE but Adobe shouldn't suck so much that we have to treat them this way.

Oct 19, 10 5:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: