Archinect
anchor

why is justin bieber making more money then me?

Zahu55

It seems to me everyday life seems less and less fair. I'm working my ass off and not being very well rewarded, yet this little kid spends five minutes making a video on youtube and now he has more money then he could ever know what to do with.

and the worst part is his music sucks

Aug 30, 10 12:52 am
Zahu55

maybe its because I dont know how to correctly use the word then....

Aug 30, 10 12:53 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QspuCt1FM9M

Everyone (who is really anyone) knows that almost all crappy pop music is made instantly good by slowing it down at least 800%.

That's like totally art school.

That little kid-- I am fucking defending Justin Bieber, this shit is BANANAS-- does a lot more than spend five minutes making a video.

First, his life as a normal person is over.

Second, being a tool of conspicuous consumption is a 24/7 full-time job.

Third, every single thing he does working or not working is now judged by an impossible double standard.

And that brings me to my last point... the opposite of people like Justin Bieber and any other pop star du jour is hipsterism.

The marketing and domain of mainstream media is a nearly unavoidable fact of life. Any specific interest or concept or appreciation of music you have is a cultured, engineered and completely synthetic ideology.

So... unless you sit around and listen to Danish Post Electro Indie Pop, you're in bed with Justin Bieber.

Aug 30, 10 1:04 am  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

d'oh! that last sentence is a evokes a horrible image before going to bed

i need to scrub my brain

baseball & margaret thatcher, baseball & margaret thatcher

Aug 30, 10 1:10 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn
This thread is now about Japanese minimalist pop music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIj0MVTRms

LULLATONE - COMPUTER RECITAL

I'm diggin' these ideology-free beeps.

Aug 30, 10 1:12 am  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

ahhhh - the end of the evening is redeemed - thanks

Aug 30, 10 1:15 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Another Lullatone song--

POTENTIALLY THE CUTEST SONG IN EXISTENCE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHHP_Ma_ZqI

Aug 30, 10 1:18 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

can you write lyrics as good as this:

And I was like
Baby, baby, baby ohhh
Like baby, baby, baby noo
Like baby, baby, baby ohh
I thought you'd always be mine

well CAN YOU?!?

Aug 30, 10 1:59 am  · 
 · 
aspect

can your building makes teenage gal scream?

Aug 30, 10 4:07 am  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

building being euphemism for...

Aug 30, 10 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

The kid doesnt even know what the word "german' means.

Aug 30, 10 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
Zahu55

haha FRaC that made me laugh

all is well, because once he hits puberty his voice will change its game over bieber!....theoretically

Aug 30, 10 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

^ Probably not. With Autotone or whatever it is called, they can pretty much make anyone sound like anything. Talent is no longer a requirement.

Aug 30, 10 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

This is true, just ask Ashley Simpson.

Aug 30, 10 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

why do people who can actually sing use that autotune thang?

WHY?!?

i'm talking people like jamie foxxxx (blame it on da al-al-al-al-co-alco-hallll), usher (oh em GEEEEE!!!1!) and other people too why oh why done make-a me cry cry cry eye do believe I BLAME CHER :'/(

Aug 30, 10 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
whyARCH?

CHER is just the worst of them all. Mostly because other people try to hide the fact that they enhance their vocals. The computer enhancement is all you can hear in Cher's music.

Aug 30, 10 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké
Aug 30, 10 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
paulo.knocks

because he brings in more money than you.

Aug 30, 10 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!
I'm working my ass off and not being very well rewarded, yet this little kid spends five minutes making a video on youtube and now he has more money then he could ever know what to do with.

The people who made the keyboard you are typing on and the screen you are looking at make less money in a year than you do in couple of weeks.

Is being in top 2% of income earners in this world not good enough for you? Perspective, man!

Aug 30, 10 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

get the swoop haircut down and then see how successful you are.

Aug 30, 10 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
Allahtect

Chris brown so paralyzed by the fact that he cant really sing - especially live - made up fake crying departure at michael jacksone tribute fake fraud !

Aug 30, 10 9:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: