Archinect
anchor

learning 3ds max (rendering) in nyc

Can anyone suggest a (good) way to learn 3ds max for rendering in nyc? I'm not in school anymore, so unless it's continuing education 'take a class' isn't much of a possibility.

Yes, I could download or find tutorials online, but I have always found that some sort of 'incentive' (/ deadline) with possible human support makes the process of learning a new software muuuch more successful.

Thanks for any suggestions...!

Aug 19, 10 12:17 am
amc.nyc

fit's CG212 and CG 213 courses are pretty good. 213 is better, but you will need 212 as a prereq

Aug 20, 10 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

Cooper Union and Parsons both offer extension courses in using 3ds max at least once a year. I don't think they offer them every semester, but you should check out their sites or ask them to mail you their extension catalogues.

Aug 20, 10 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
alucidwake

Ah I completely forgot about those 2 schools..... Thank you!! I'll look into them, more hopeful though! I searched like every other school that might have offered anything...

Aug 20, 10 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
l3wis

you should check craigslist - or post something there

would probably save a ton of cash by having someone personally teach you, rather than paying tuition at cooper or parsons...

Aug 20, 10 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

I think the coopers course may only be a $300 or something...

Aug 20, 10 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
alucidwake

Cooper doesn't seem to have any courses in 3ds for continuing education this fall. FIT does... I wonder if I could take 212 and 312 (the 2 levels of 3ds course) at the same time? Or if I could test out of 212 or something (I can pick up the interface on my own probably, and I know the fundamentals of 3d modeling; I've used rhino extensively for 5 years)

Aug 20, 10 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: