Archinect
anchor

Placement Statistics

twobie2

Prospective architecture student here. I am looking at a few different majors. I cant seem to find placement statistics for architecture programs. Is that something that typically exists for architecture programs like it does in some other degrees? I contacted the school I am currently attending and they never got back to me about it.

Also, a few things I have been suprised to read while doing research.

Architects don't make a lot of money (whatever that means)

work long hours (like how long)

dont vacation much

often unemployed

what is this all about...? set me straight...thanks

Aug 15, 10 8:43 pm
Rusty!

is this a joke?

by all accounts user "twoble2" is just a grunt working at archinect given responsibility to post a "hot" topic that yields a popular discussion (Jerry Springer style).

I would recommend focusing resources on improving server reliability of your site instead. You actually have a profitable model at your hands, and it's a shame the site is down on multiple occasions each week.

Aug 16, 10 7:09 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

So far as I know Syracuse University is the only college that does any meaningful research on where their Arch grads end up.

Engineering colleges always have placement stats because major companies go direct to the university to interview and hire fresh grads. Architecture firms do not do that.

Aug 16, 10 9:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: