Archinect
anchor

Best Buildings of 21st Century in U.S.

jtwood2

Greetings all,

I'm trying to compile a list of the "Best Buildings of the 21st Century" within the United States as related to innovative use of technology, specifically in regards to energy, comfort, and passive and active strategies.

Some that I've already considered include: Piano's Academy of Sciences, Nasher Sculpture Center, NYT Building and Kimbell Art Museum, Morphosis' SFFB, the NREL, etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Jul 27, 10 1:55 pm
Rusty!

Not sure what you plan to use this list for, but wouldn't this be akin to calling out the movie of the year in the second week of January? Some of the projects you mentioned have been in planning/design phases for well over a decade (and out of current century).

Anyways, go to aiatopten.org. Each year they pick 10 best "green" projects. Great list IMO.

Jul 27, 10 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
jtwood2

I understand what you're saying - I guess I should have specified "to present date," or something to that extent.

Thanks for the heads up on the website. I'll check it out.

Jul 27, 10 8:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: