Archinect
anchor

Questions about the ARB & Masters Degree recognition in the UK.

drex

Hi Archinect,

I've graduated Architecture , after 6 years of studying architecture and thus received my Masters Degree in Architecture. I'm currently planning on moving to another European country,currently targeting the UK due to the all the major companies having offices here.

However after looking at the job market in the UK, it seams that all jobs that are fit for a graduate require you to be Part 1 or Part 2 ARB/RIBA certified in order to land an architecture assistant position, so I have a few questions:

1.Do UK companies hire people even though they are not ARB/RIBA certified or is there a law that prevents doing so? 

2.Should I apply for job positions, even though Part 1 or Part 2 are required/specified? since I've got a Masters Degree from a EU country.

3.From what I've researched online,I  need to take the Part 1 and Part 2 exams in order for my 6 years and my degree to be recognized, and these mostly involve presenting a portfolio to a committee and answering some questions about the presented work, am I correct? 

Thank you in advance!

May 20, 14 11:29 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: