Archinect
S+ Architecture

S+ Architecture

Istanbul, TR

anchor
General view
General view
1 more images  ↓

High School on the Bosphorus

The historic buildings located on the European side of the Bosphorus, originally named Feriye Palace, were built as a complex for the Ottoman Imperial Palace in late 1800’s. In 1928, Kabatas High School moved into some buildings of the palace complex. Ongoing documentation of existing buildings and reuse projects for two main buildings aim at more efficient use of spaces in the buildings. One of the linear historic buildings is used as an educational building while the other serves as dormitories and dining hall.

 
Read more

Status: Built

 
General view across the Bosphorus
General view across the Bosphorus