My name is Travis Barclay, I was born in Jamaica, W.I. I came to the US after I graduated high school to pursue my dreams of becoming an architect. I started NYIT in 2008 and graduated in 2013 with my bachelor in architecture. While attending NYIT I interned as a draftsman for a structural company and as an assistant project manager for a development company. I currently work as a project manager and do freelance architecture work on the side.
NEBHDCo, Brooklyn, NY, US, Project Manager
- Reviewing and resolving building violations (HPD, DOB, ECB, DOH, Boiler…)
- Reviewing construction projects Construction drawings and specifications.
- Creating maps
- Safety & Loss Prevention Building Inspections
- Visiting and Inspecting Construction Site
Furious Production, jamaica, CEO
- Designing posters, business cards and flyers
- Planning and Coordinating events
- Advertising and promoting for companies such as Liquid Nitro, RumBar Rum, and others
- Helping to boost sales in product for companies
- Designing and managing website
- Promoting and advertising on Social Media websites
SMB Architects,, Great Neck, NY, US, Draftsman
-Preparation of AutoCAD drawing from sketches that senior architect or principal provided
-Preparation of construction drawings.
-Working on door and window schedule
-Interior/Exterior detailing of elevations, bathroom, kitchens, bedrooms, etc.
-Visiting construction site, taking measurements and photographs
Koutsoubis, Alanso Associates, Hicksville, NY, US, Draftsman
- Draft and revise structural drawings including detailing and sections.
- Preparation of Structural Shop drawings by incorporating with co-ordination drawings of other departments like architectural, MEP, HVAC, etc.
- Preparation of a beam and column schedules
- Preparation of Structural drawing sets to be sent out to Architect, MEP and DOB for approval.
New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury, NY, US, Student Lab Technician, Academic Computing
- Assist students and professors in use of Microsoft Office application
- Provide 1st level support for students and faculty regarding hardware and software escalating when necessary
- Roll out of computer labs
- Properly documented PCs serial number, model number and mac addresses
- Properly documented Network settings for Internet Explorer 6, Firefox and Safari
- Ghosting of computers
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), Old Westbury, NY, US, BArch, architecture
construction, design, architecture
Phi Eta Sigma National Honor, Honorable Mention
for having a GPA over 3.5