I posses a bachelor degree in Architecture from Mexico, but my experience of more than 28 years was acquired while working in recognized architectural firms in California. I have an excellent track record of successfully accomplished diversified types of projects, including commercial, industrial, educational, residential, hospitality, and very recently, corporate interiors. AutoCAD is one of my passions, but bringing a project to a successful outcome, through close communication, creativity and team work, is one of my best assets.
In my most recent position as an Independent Consultant of my own firm Calli Group I’ve had the opportunity to work in a variety of interesting and challenging remodel and addition residential projects, in the areas of Rolling Hills Estates, Palos Verdes, Carson, Torrance, and San Pedro
CALLI GROUP (Formerly ArchCAD), San Pedro, CA, US, Project Manager
I work as an Independent Contractor of my own remodel and addition projects, from Design Development, to Construction Documents and Building Department Approval.
John Cataldo Architects, South Pasadena, CA, US, Project Manager
• Supervised and prepared Construction Documents for $20 million plus Industrial, Residential, Office & Commercial Buildings.
• Coordinated work with Consultants, Manufacturers, Contractors and Owner.
• Processed Building Permits for diverse public agencies.
• Construction Administration (answered RFIs, processed Contractor’s submittals & Change Orders).
• Developed CADD Standards for this firm.
• Projects: New Metal Building for Western Tube and Conduits Project; Simplex Grinnell Consolidation Project.
GKK Works, Irvine, CA, US, Job Captain
• Supervised multiple ADA Modernization projects for Santa Ana Unified District:
• Managed the production of construction documents.
• Supervised de production of Transition Plans and Working Drawings.
• Supervised and directed site surveying for A.D.A. and code compliance.
• Coordination with MEP consultants, DSA Officials and SAUSD Representatives
• Projects: Carr Intermediate High School Modernization Project, with a cost of $350,000; multiple school districts modernization and ADA compliance projects.
BOA Architecture, San Pedro, CA, US, Senior Project Manager
• Supervised multiple educational modernization and ADA Compliance projects for LAUSD and Cerritos College, from the Design Development to the Construction phase.
• Assured compliance with ADA latest codes.
• Conducted Job Walks and Pre-construction meetings.
• Supervised and conducted ADA surveys, Transition Plans and Working Drawings
• Coordinated project with clients and M/E/P consultants, DSA, OSHPD authorities, and City plan checkers.
• Projects included: Secure Entrance projects and for various LAUSD schools; Cerritos College Campus Wide Accessibility Improvement; Washington Prep High School Library and Laboratories Remodel; Washington Prep High School ADA Compliance Project; USC Medical Center Coffee /Gift Shop Remodel; City of San Bernardino Courthouse ADA Improvement Project; City of Industry USPS Employees Entrance/Parking Modification; City of San Bernardino Courthouse ADA Improvement Project.
California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), Long Beach, CA, US, Project Coordinator
• Managed multiple Campus projects, from the Design Development to Construction Documents as part of the CSULB Planning and Design Department.
• Coordinated with clients and M/E/P consultants. Conducted Job Walks and Pre-construction meetings.
• Processed RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and Shop Drawings.
• Coordinated drawings with Campus A.D.A. authorities, as well as the Fire Marshal’s Office, for Code compliance.
• Reviewed drawings for ADA and Title 24 errors and omissions
• Created and implementing the Planning and Design Department CADD standards.
• Maintained and updated CSULB University Campus Master Plan.
• Created the official CSU’S Web Site Campus Map
• Projects: University Police Remodel; Annual Campus Wide Sidewalks Repairs; Annual Campus Wide Classrooms Maintenance; Multiple CSULB building remodel projects through 8 years of employment.
Retail Design Collaborative, Long Beach, CA, US, Project Mnager
• Prepared Construction Documents of various commercial large projects.
• Projects: The Long Beach Town Center; Glendale Fashion Center; Crossroad Center Santa Maria
Steinmart; Stevenson Ranch; Linens N Things; Staples; Michael's; OfficeMax.
KSLW Architects, Long Beach, CA, US, Project Manager
• Prepared Construction Documents for international hospitality projects, from Design Development phase through Construction Documents.
• Projects: Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Renovation of 350 guestrooms, addition of restaurants, retail facilities, business center and a fitness center; Bali Hilton International Hotel in Indonesia; Ihilani SPA in Hawaii, type 1 construction, 35,000 sq. ft.; California State University Student Union Improvement Project, a type I construction, B-2 occupancy, and 160,000 sq. ft. with a construction cost of 48,624,000.00 dollars; Child Care Center for the Mauna Lani Hotel Bungalows in Hawaii, type V construction, 2,388.00 sq. ft.
Larry K. Herres, Redondo Beach, CA, US, Senior Drafter/Designer
• Prepared Construction Documents for multiple Single and Multiple - Family Homes.
Urban Development & Ecology Secretary (SEDUE), Mexico, MX, Urban Planner
• Government Housing Development for the National Urban Development Plan.
• Directed the Southeast Region Plan, a team of 8 members.
Social Security Mexican Institute (IMSS), México, MX, Field Architect
• Supervised construction of a 200-Bed state hospital, in Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico, from beginning to end of construction.
National Autonomous University of Mexico, Architecture School, BArch, Architecture
Architectural studies have been officially evaluated by regionally accredited colleges and universities in the United States, as the equivalent to a degree of Bachelor of Architecture. Official Transcripts are available upon request.
Architectural Thesis and Professional Exam: “Youth Resort in Xel-Ha, Quintana Roo, Mexico”
(Project of a 210-bed Youth Hostel located in an ecological preserve, designed with minimal environmental impact).
Colegio de Ciencias y Humanidades (Science and Humanities College), Pedregal de San Angel, Mexico City, MX., High School, High School equivalent
Equivalent to High School (Preparatory):
Spanish, Math, Science, Literature, World History, English, Building Materials, Graphic Design, Drafting