see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
My name is Chris Williams, and I am an interior designer. I was born in Atlanta, raised outside of Chicago, studied in Syracuse, interned in New York City, currently reside in San Francisco, and I am looking for my next move. I am on a constant search to become inspired, and have a need to find other creative minds. It is because of this drive that I have had the courage to test my limits and embark upon new adventures. This all wouldn't be possible without a great understanding of what interior designers have done, are doing, and what they will continue to do, namely creating spaces that de-sign the initial architecture. Each place I've lived has helped me uncover a variety of methods to achieve functional beauty. These skills far transcend the mere paint and fabric selections typically associated with the role of an interior designer. De-signing a space is as reliant on space planning, design concepts, construction documentation, client interactions, and design execution as it is on material selection.
My fascination with interiors started in Jr. High when I took a drafting class, and continued throughout High School with a heavy artistic course load. Ultimately my technical and artistic backgrounds culminated at Syracuse University where I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design. Since then I've been on the hunt to work with the best interior designers in the industry, from Laura Kirar in New York City to Stephen Shubel in San Francisco. Their expertise in refined interiors has been instilled in me, and has been present in every project I've completed moving forward. I've learned to develop a keen eye for the technical and documentation side of design, and have become tactile and detail oriented.
Restoration Hardware, Berkeley, CA, US, Design Associate
• Tasks include providing clients with product information, assistance with design decisions, customer service, and maintaining gallery visual standards.
• Additional skills include the ability to read and create floor plans, work within an existing brand image, increasing sales through providing a luxury experience.
Freelance Interior Designer, Emeryville, CA, US, Project Manager, Designer, and Drafter
• Projects range from custom furniture, remodels, and complete conceptual designs from scratch.
• Tasks include conceptualization, site measurements, space planning, drafting, fixture specification, and material selection.
• Clients include the Berkeley Chamber of Commerce, California Living, Sparky’s Balloons, and residential projects.
Room 77, Inc., Mountain View, CA, US, Production and Implementation Associate
• Managed the production and quality assurance stages to enable the launch of properties onto the website within a timely manner.
• The quality assurance stage incorporated past experience and knowledge of the hospitality industry along with drafting and drawing skills.
• Created standards to base troubleshoot production and work flow issues. This strengthened this start-up’s product.
Stephen Shubel Design, Inc., San Francisco, CA, US, Interior Design Assistant
• Projects were residential in nature and encompassed consultation, design, and decoration for an extremely high-end clientele.
• Daily tasks included invoicing clients, managing orders, communication with vendors and contractors, drafting for design and construction purposes, interacting with clients accounting and general office tasks.
YouTube, LLC, San Bruno, CA, US, Online Operations Associate
• Reviewing videos for individual video monetization as well as handled email correspondence with potential partners about video claims.
• Collaborated with product management and engineering teams to implement new features, fix bugs, and streamline processes to ultimately increase revenue and user satisfaction.
• Skills required: Timeliness, accuracy, and familiarity of YouTube’s policies and community guidelines
Tru Partners, Inc., New York, NY, US, Interior Design Intern
• Responsibilities included assisting senior designers with material selection, managing the design library and drafting construction documents.
• Projects: in- house office renovation, a penthouse for W Hotels in Dallas, and a show-house for ShowTime/MetHome.
• Tasks included: furniture and material selection, general administrative duties, and communication with contractors and vendors.
• Skills required: AutoCAD 2008.
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, US, Interior Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Interior Design
• CIDA accredited program
• ASID Student Chapter Member
• Senior Spring Design Charette Finalist