I am a project manager, with 21 years international and domestic experience in leading complex architecture and interior design projects in various sectors. I specialize in project oversight management through the life-cycle of the project, from concepts through completion. I also specialize in managing/coordinating extended project teams of clients, consultants, vendors, service providers, GCs, approval authorities and in-house resources, so that the diverse efforts of the entire team may be synchronized towards optimum project performance. I have an excellent history of successful project completions within stringent parameters of budget, schedule and quality.
I am extremely well-versed in managing all the various stages of the project life-cycle, from design, approvals, bids, contracts and on-site construction. I am fluent in most industry standard project management strategies, with expertise in tools and technology for projection and tracking of budgets, schedules, project documents, bids and contracts. My rich experience and foundation skills as design architect help enhance my comprehension and management of the total project; in meeting business objectives without sacrificing design. In all my earlier roles, I have supported senior management in formulating successful business strategies, managing design and project scopes, budgets and time-lines, as well as resource allocation and profit/loss management. I have valuable on-site experience of construction management, both in the US and abroad. Drawing on my wide experience, I can easily identify, address and pre-empt most issues before they become major challenges for the project.
I am fluent in both interior design and architectural project and processes; my experience base is current and locally relevant. I bring with me my industry contacts and networks that are a great asset to successful completion of projects. I am well-traveled, multi-lingual and a great people's person, who can dialog with all levels of management and also easily adapt and assimilate in diverse workgroups. I have a relaxed, hands-on and resourceful style of management that guarantees stellar results and ensures amalgamation of successful project teams by inspired loyalty. I am used to and welcome the opportunity to travel extensively for work.
A more detailed account of my career and recommendations may be viewed at http://www.linkedin.com/in/soutrikdas or on my resume submitted here. I would be happy to supplement any requirement for additional information.
I am a US permanent resident, based in New York. I would welcome an opportunity for a more detailed and direct discussion on my experience and skillset.
RRT Design & Construction, Melville, NY, US, Senior Project Architect
Project lead in engineering firm specializing in design/build projects in the waste management industry, such as Material Recycling Facilities (MRF), Material Transfer Stations (MTS) & Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) Power Plants
· Project oversight for engineering design and construction of projects in waste management. Contributor to collaborative business development and outsourcing efforts overseas.
· Collaboration with extended project teams of architects, design engineers, builders, vendors and regulatory bodies. Establish & meet project targets, schedules, budgets, ensuring quality to optimum standards. Managing DDs, CDs, regulatory compliance, project documentation, specifications, procurement, contracts and construction.
· Establish & manage electronic collaboration and communications systems for engineering information sharing. Establish and control quality standards for graphical and non-graphical project documents. Incorporation of multi-disciplinary inputs into project design.
· Responsible for the design process, including change management, conflict resolution and RFIs, extended team design inputs, deliverable production and document control. Moderation of team coordination meets and correspondence.
· Assist senior management in establishing project strategy and achieving P&L objectives.
Key current projects:
· Coastal MRF/MTS mega campus in NY, with significant waterfront development, iconic architecture and sustainable design.
Swanke Hayden Connell Architects, New York, NY, US, Project Manager
Project management for multiple international high-rise luxury residential/mixed-use projects.
· Managed multiple concurrent projects through the project life-cycles - directing production processes, defining and meeting project milestones; quality control. Contract management and techno-commercial negotiations, including selection/appointment of consultants & vendors. Coordination of efforts of extended team and in-house resources to achieve project objectives.
· Project information management, dissemination and archiving. Coordinating multi-disciplinary design outputs, CAD and non-CAD drawings and documents using collaboration tools. Preparation of schedules, budgets and narratives.
· Assisting senior management with staffing allocations, P&L projections and business achievables.
· Regulatory compliance and Russian by-laws (GOSTs & SNiPs) – interpretation, application and permit compliance requirements for building and sustainability.
· Luxury high-rise residential, commercial and mixed use complexes in Moscow and in Kazakhstan.
MINISTRY OF PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE, GOVT. OF MAURITIUS, Mauritius, Advisor (Architecture)
Design Lead/Project Manager for multiple large public campus projects including schools and mixed-use urban facilities.
· Project life-cycle management for multiple, concurrent, campus projects. Feasibility analyses, concepts and detailed design, master plans, coordination with engineering partners, production management, regulatory compliance, bids and tenders, on-site construction management and RFIs, bill certification and quality control. Manage production of architectural design drawings, technical coordination with engineering design, specifications, shop drawings and as-builts. Management of project correspondence and documents.
· Collaboration with Client Ministries on original design projects. Presentations for public hearings and design charettes with client ministries and Government cabinet.
· Mixed land-use campus project for a community market-fair, including a multi-modal public transportation-hub
· Iconic State Secondary School in Vacoas and several Sr. Secondary Schools & Colleges throughout Mauritius
SIEMENS POWER ENGINEERING PVT. LTD, Gurgaon, India, Senior Architectural Engineer
Architectural lead for international thermal power plant projects.
· Architectural design lead for power plant campus buildings; concepts, design development, deliverables and 3D Visualization. Establish basis of design, coordination with multi-disciplinary engineers; meet stringent engineering requirements and coordination with the site management teams, clients and vendors.
· Management of project correspondence and engineering documents, narratives and reports using collaboration tools.
· $1.3 billion power plant project in Abu Dhabi. Design lead for non-process buildings and for process buildings in coordination with engineering teams.
TURNER MORRISON LAND LTD, INDIA, New Delhi, India, Senior Manager (Architect)
Project Lead for high yield core architecture and interior projects in industrial, commercial, hospitality, corporate & workspace.
· Project Management from concept to completion, coordination of extended project teams, lead designer and production manager, cost projections & scheduling, management of bids and contracts, electronic document management.
· Architectural Lead & Project Manager for National Daily newspaper group in India
AAKAR DESIGN CONSULTANTS, New Delhi, India, Senior Project Architect
Lead Architect, Designer & Project Manager for high revenue retail chains, commercial and industrial projects
· Created Brand identity and interpretation of international design standards to Indian contexts in terms of idioms and material; development of standard details to locally available technology, practices and resources.
· Reebok – Original architectural designs, design standards, deliverables, project coordination, construction management.
· Shell Gas Stations– architectural design, project and site construction management.
School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi, India, BArch, Bachelor of Architecture
Majored in Architectural Design, also took Structural Engineering, Urban Design and Building Construction, History of Architecture.