M:OFA Studio, New Delhi, IN, Architect
Dealt with commercial, residential and institutional projects from inception to completion. Fast tracked from Junior Architect to Project Architect in just six months. Demonstrated the ability to deliver projects within strict timelines and budget constraints without sacrificing creativity. Conducted job status meetings and directly addressed any construction or design issues through to resolution. Efficiently handled client/ contractor interactions and multiple site supervisions.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology: Was as a crucial member of the design team for the project that was bagged by the firm through a nation-wide design competition for the design of the campus that was planned as a zero discharge ‘Green’ Campus on a steep hilly terrain. Served as the Project Architect for the design, working drawing set and construction of the student-housing block.
- Architect’s Residence: The farmhouse for famed architect C.P Kukreja, designed as a passive solar house influenced by south-east Asian style of architecture as per the clients’ needs. Was solely responsible for the project from conceptualization to project development, client/ contractor interaction as well as site supervision.
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee: The design brief for the Head Office of D.P.C.C called for an affirmation of the organization’s raison d’etre, sustainability being the key ingredient. Conceptualized as an ‘urban sponge’, was designed incorporating engineering systems and sustainable design principles. Dealt with design resolution, detailing and client/consultant coordination.
- Corporate Interior Design: Worked on the design development and presentation for renovating the office of a new age telecommunication company, Quippo, based in Delhi.
- Initiated and created a project-related computer filing system, allowed project information to be efficiently and systematically organized, creating uniformity for each project.
India Realty Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, IN, Architect
Collaborated with Principals on design concepts, space planning and architectural presentations for commercial and residential spaces. Prepared working drawings set, estimates and construction documents. Oversaw college interns while reporting to the Team Leader.
- Gupta Residence: Developed the plan taking cues from Indian sanctuaries: the haveli and the temple sanctum still keeping the form starkly modern for this residence located in an affluent neighborhood in New Delhi. Oversaw the design, presentation and preparation of working drawings.
- Hive Lounge: Designed as a series of inter-related 3-dimensional spaces creating a fluid and interconnected space using modern materials sculpting ethereal forms within an existing unused structure to convert 8000sqft of floor space into a mini-brewery/lounge. Developed the concept, produced architectural presentations along with design resolution, in collaboration with the Project Architect.
- Mishra Residence: Worked on the conceptualization of this residence which was designed to keep a highly-localized approach with minimal waste and finding the best design solution with an economy of means still keeping a modern character with the dominance of stylized curves and bold shapes.
- Modern Office Interiors: Contributed towards working drawings and construction details using recycled packaging materials all relating to the shipping industry, for this Office for a cargo company based in Noida, India
Architecture Paradigm, Bangalore, IN, Architecture Intern
Contributed to producing drawings and documents for various residential and interior projects ,coordinating with projects architects, structural engineers and consultants. Developed design presentations with large-scale physical models, free hand sketching and 2d/3d drawings.
- Kumar Residence: Space planning, complete architectural resolution, preparation of working drawings set and architectural presentations for this ‘glass box’ which uses expansive glass with a low-e and efficient mechanical systems. Responsible for site co-ordination and collaboration with consultants.
- Natural Textiles Pvt. Ltd: Worked with the Project Architect on the conceptualization and design resolution for this industrial project. Gained hands-on experience at Steel-construction design.
- The Bamboo House: Prepared construction drawings for a residence where bamboo was used as the core structural material as well as to develop the skin of the building.
- Chungwah Restaurant: Designed furniture for this Chinese fine dining restaurant abstracting typically Chinese themes while experimenting with a variety of fabrics. Prepared working drawing set, handled on-site coordination.
- Contributed to detail drawings, sanction drawings, tender drawings, 3D modeling and presentations for various other projects.
Anita Pal & Associates, New Delhi, IN, Intern
Contributed to the following projects:
- Created hand-rendered presentations of proposed designs that were used during client presentations and became an essential part of the project.
- Made a detailed physical model for a multi-storied residence.
- Contributed to Presentations, drawings & Sketch up models for a few other projects.
Pratt Institute, New York, NY, US, Masters, Interior Design
- A Place of Reflection/A Reflective Space: A three week sketch problem dealing primarily with meaning, context, concept, analysis, spatial manipulation and the investigation of communication and narrative through form making. Set in the lower level of the Whitney Museum, NYC, it is a space that, on a day-to-day basis, is a place to rest and meditate.
- A Residence: A six week problem addressing community and domesticity in an urban context in a two storied apartment at 173 Perry Street, NY, an iconic Richard Meier design. Emphasis is placed upon the social dynamics of intergenerational dwelling units in an urban apartment building.
- An Office Environment: A six week project dealing with investigation of social and spatial development of the contemporary workplace in a canonical mid century modern skyscraper for a newly formed advertising agency with particular attention to the integration and adaption of current technologies, modes of work, and communication in a building that will need to be adapted to fit these evolving requirements.
- A Public bathroom: A two-week design problem to explore spatial conditions and characteristics of a volume within in an existing interior into the lobby of 100 Hudson Street in New York City, a place of relief and respite.
- A Business Incubator: A four-week design project addressing community context, cultural identity, modularity and flexibility in the design of the retail units at Mart 125, Harlem, New York.
Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS), Copenhagen, DK, Furniture Design
- Successfully completed training in Furniture design along with building a full-scale prototype. Gained a thorough understanding on the various aspects of history, theory and practice of Scandinavian design. The workshop included training in the complete design process of a piece of furniture from concept development, production of working drawings and execution.
Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, IN, BArch, Architecture
- Design of a Retail Center and Entertainment Hub as a Thesis project, which was placed amongst the top projects in class.
- Ranked first position in the Architectural Design Studio for Master Planning of a 30acre mixed use development in Mangalore in 9th semester.
- Design of a 16 acre integrated township in 8th semester, which was also shortlisted for Green Awards in Architecture in a Nation-wide competition.