An architect/designer by training and an entrepreneur at heart. I have cultivated my experience in the complimentary fields of architecture, interior design, product design, graphic design and business, drawing inspiration from life abroad, travel and cross-disciplinary collaborative work.
My worldly design perspective grew as my work exposed me to projects in cities around the globe including New York, San Francisco, Copenhagen, New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. The spectrum of my work ranges across civic, residential, commercial, institutional, healthcare, hospitality, retail, urban planning and furniture design. My work has been exhibited in New York, Copenhagen and New Delhi.
My passion for design springs from true empathy towards the needs, wants and limitations of people. I see design as an opportunity to create meaningful human experiences that resonate more deeply with an audience and impact the community. Applying an intuitive human-centered thought process, I approach every project with rigorous research and investigation, translating the findings into strategic solutions that inform the design of environments or products. My research interests are focused on user-centered environments, colors psychology & material behavior.
With no formal education in business, I started training under and working with my father in the real estate business when I was 19 and eventually cofounded a design and real estate consulting company - planning and strategizing urban development in 2nd and 3rd tier cities in India.
Outside of the office, I can be found cooking in my kitchen, singing in the bathroom or sipping on wine in Napa Valley.
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM), San Francisco, CA, US, Intermediate Designer
• Collaborate on a variety of workplace, residential and civic projects including programming, visioning, concept, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
• Participate in client/user group meetings and manage client expectations to meet project vision.
• Independently develop test fits, space plans, FF&E selections, specification of materials for various projects.
• Lead a small project team and mentor juniors and intern.
• Responsible for the development and coordination of construction drawings and specifications including: program compliance; code compliance; review budgets; schedule commitments; product research.
• Conduct coordination meetings with permitting officials, contractors, consultants,
furniture dealers and product representatives to meet project goals.
M:OFA Studio, New Delhi, IN, Architect
• Project lead for student housing facility at the National Institute of Fashion Technology which has won several international design awards.
• Responsible for managing all aspects of projects: Programming client needs, concept and schematic design, design resolution, construction documents, construction administration.
• Responsible for consultant coordination and client relationship management.
• Managed project design teams and mentored skill development of junior designers.
India Realty Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, IN, Architect
• Prepared 3D models, architectural presentations and space plans for various hospitality projects.
• Assisted during construction administration in the review and processing of shop drawings and approval of material samples.
• Collaborated with Principals on design concepts and space planning strategies for multiple projects.
Architecture Paradigm, Bangalore, IN, Architecture Intern
• Responsible for space planning, design development, complete architectural resolution and assist in preparing construction documents on high-end residential projects.
• Designed custom furniture and handled on-site coordination for a restaurant interiors project.
Anita Pal & Associates, New Delhi, IN, Intern
Contributed to the following projects:
- Created hand-rendered presentations of proposed designs that were used during client presentations and became an essential part of the project.
- Made a detailed physical model for a multi-storied residence.
- Contributed to Presentations, drawings & Sketch up models for a few other projects.
Pratt Institute, New York, NY, US, Masters, Interior Design
Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS), Copenhagen, DK, Furniture Design
Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, IN, BArch, Architecture