see all...Viewing 3 out of 6 projects
A licensed architect & LEED Accredited Professional (BD+C, Homes), Roxanne Button has been involved in sustainable design for over 20 years. Her diverse work experience includes green building consulting, scriptwriting for a green renovation TV series, & designing and managing LEED projects. Roxanne is a former board member for the New York Upstate Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council, & a current member of the Chapter’s Education Committee & Board Advisory Panel. She led the team that created Public Day for the American Solar Energy Conference in 2009 & co-hosts the monthly Buffalo Green Drinks networking series. As a member of the National Education Reviewers team for USGBC, Roxanne contributes to the development of educational programs for fellow LEED Accredited Professionals. She is also GPRO-trained to conduct workshops for construction professionals on green & LEED projects. Roxanne is also a Certified Construction Specifier (CSI), with a focus on specification writing and peer reviews for green and LEED projects.
Design Synergies Architecture P.C., Buffalo, NY, US, Principal
Principal/Owner –Interior architecture, Sustainable design & LEED consulting.
Licensed architect with 20 years of experience in interior architecture & sustainable design; experienced LEED Project Manager; speaker and instructor for green & LEED design programs. Experience in design charette facilitation, documentation management, and specification review/writing for LEED & green projects.
- LEED consulting – Cannon Design, Buffalo NY
- Architectural design - Queen City Bike Ferry Landing, Buffalo NY (consultant to DiDonato Associates).
- Interior architecture – Southtowns Surgery Center, Orchard Park NY.
- Interior architecture – Great Lakes Medical Imaging, Orchard Park, NY.
Architectural Resources P.C., Buffalo, NY, US, Senior Architect
Senior Architect - academic, office, & hospitality projects; sustainable design advisor or LEED Project Administrator for several projects.
Programming, space planning, interior detailing, schematic design, design development, construction documents, & construction administration for projects including:
- Project architect for First Niagara Bank offices, Larkin @ Exchange Building, Buffalo NY.
- Project architect for SLR Contracting Executive Boardroom Suite at Coca Cola Field for the Buffalo Bisons, Buffalo NY.
- Project manager & sustainability consultant for The Model Energy Home, Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus/National Grid, Buffalo NY.
- Interior design/architecture & furniture for:
- Dining Hall renovation, SUNY IT, Utica NY
- Convocation, Athletic & Recreation Center, SUNY Canton
- Wicks Hall Physical Therapy Assistant suite renovation, SUNY Canton
- Office renovation, CUBRC, Calspan Building, Cheektowaga NY
- LEEDTM project administrator & interior detailing for $36M SUNY Canton Convocation, Athletic & Recreation Center (LEED Silver); LEEDTM advisor for $20M Science Building, private high school; LEEDTM project administrator for$100M Bronx Children’s Mental Health facility(pursuing LEED Silver).
CannonDesign, Grand Island, NY, Architect & Sustainability Coordinator
Architect - academic, laboratory, & hospitality projects.
Programming, space planning, interior detailing & design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, & construction administration for higher education projects.
- Member of firm-wide Sustainable Design Leadership core committee & Green Coordinator for Grand Island office - continuing education opportunities including LEED Exam training seminars. Sustainability & LEED advisor for variety of projects in Grand Island and other offices, including Sidwell Friends School Gymnasium, Washington DC.
- LEEDTM Project Administrator for $70M Buffalo State Science building, & $45M UB Greiner Hall Student Residence (LEED Gold).
- Interior architecture/interior design leadership for hotels, conference centers, & laboratory projects: selection and specification of materials, finishes, & furniture; coordination of architectural & interior design work with engineering.
- Ave Maria University, Ave Maria FL: Library, Residence Halls, Science, Athletics, & Student Center on new campus
- Medaille College Student Center, Residence Hall, & Amherst Campus.
- Niagara University Academic Complex.
- Erie County Public Safety Building
- The Conference Center, Niagara Falls
Member of design teams for award-winning projects: AIA Buffalo/Western New York Design Awards (3), AIA New York State Design Award (1), ASID Upstate New York/Canada East Design Awards (2), and Society of American Registered Architects (1).
Grand Concourse Authority, St. John's, Newfoundland, Intern Architect
Intern Architect/Designer with non-profit organization to develop heritage, park & civic improvement projects:
- Concept design & development, detailing, & construction documents; coordination with consultants, site inspections - construction.
- Design assistant to Project Architect for historic renovation of Newfoundland Railway Museum and construction of The Johnson Geo-Centre Geological Museum.
- Designer for park service buildings at Bannerman Park, Powers Pond, & Octagon Pond, Newfoundland.
Public Works & Government Services Canada, Halifax, NS, CA, Intern Architect
Architect Level II - renovation, new construction, & master planning for Government properties in Atlantic Canada:
- Review of architectural consultants’ drawings & reports for various Federal Government projects.
- Led interior renovations for Canadian Coast Guard College, Sydney NS.
- Assistant to Project Manager for Campus Master Plan, Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Bedford NS.
- Coordinated sustainable design guidelines for National Generic Design Brief (Model RFP), to be used on future Government of Canada projects.
- Developed sustainable design guidelines for new RCMP Detachment & future Government of Canada buildings.
Susan Troup Design Inc., Halifax, NS, CA, Senior Designer
Project Interior Designer for hospitality, commercial, & retail projects:
- Concept design & development, construction drawings, project coordination, & client management.
- Interior finishes, custom millwork & furniture, space plans, & site inspections.
- Coordinated interior design work with project architects, consultants, & contractors.
- Prepared budgets & FF&E specifications for hotel, retail & commercial office projects including Fairmont Hotel properties in Atlantic Canada.
Nova Scotia Technical College (currently Dalhousie University), Halifax, NS, CA, MArch, Architecture
Nova Scotia Technical College (currently Dalhousie University), Halifax, NS, CA, Architecture
Bachelor of Environmental Design Studies (Architecture)
Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland, CA, Bachelors, Urban/Economic Geography