To Whom It May Concern:
I would like to express my interest in a position as a senior project architect / designer for which I am a strong candidate.
I am currently a Senior Project Architect and Design Director at New York Design Architects. I have over fifteen years of experience in architecture and design, a master degree in architecture from Columbia University, and various sustainable energy certifications. The extensive experience I have acquired over the years has afforded me the opportunity to develop a diverse portfolio, and offer a vast array of building solutions and designs.
In my current role, I lead a team of draftsman and designers in the design and development of a broad range of projects that include high-end apartment buildings, retail stores, restaurants, and designated landmark building restorations. I possess impeccable design, architectural and computer skills with extensive knowledge of several software including AutoCAD, Revit Architecture, TurboCad, Maxwell, SketchUp Professional, Layout, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. I am a hard-working, reliable and proactive individual constantly looking to improve the workflow and production of projects. My attention to detail, engineering and design ensure that every project that I work on is completed to the highest possible standards of excellence.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule and interview, please contact me by phone at (516) 639-0309 or by email at email@example.com. Thank you.
Rolzes Diaz, LEED-AP
New York Design Architects, LLP, New York, NY, US, Design Director / Senior Project Architect
• Responsible for the design, management and development of multiple projects ranging from high-end apartment buildings, to retail stores, restaurants and designated landmark buildings.
• Develop the Company’s design standards for a fast and efficient design process through the research, selection and implementation of graphics and 3D software.
• Produce project presentations for client review through the use of renderings, computer models, 3D PDFs, plans and animations.
• Lead a design team of three to four draftsman and designers in the design process and construction document creation.
• In charge of interior design concepts and development.
• Research materials and guide the design team with material selection and construction techniques.
• Coordinate between project managers, clients and consultants through the design and construction process.
• Design and engineer steel structures for building renovations, steel decks and free-standing structures.
• Apply integrated sustainable design solutions to projects.
• Prepare all the necessary documentation and supporting material required by the USGBC for the submittal of credits for projects seeking LEED certification.
• Current clients include: Starbucks Coffee Company, Café Metro, Flavors Cafe Corp., Nanoosh Corp., and various other commercial and residential clients.
New York Design Architects, LLP, New York, NY, US, Project Manager
• Independently or as team leader managed multiple projects while reporting to principle architects in the design development, construction documents and overall project progress.
• Collaborated with contractors, subcontractors, and vendors during all levels of projects to resolve emerging design problems.
• Prepared shop drawings for furniture design, millwork and structural steel structures.
• Responsible for the creation and modification of architectural documents, construction techniques and specifications.
• Supervised the expediting and permitting process of projects in order to obtain approvals.
• Attended on-site construction meetings, and performed final inspections.
• Performed field surveys for new projects and prepared existing condition drawings and documentation.
Dynamic Concepts and Design, LLC, Brooklyn, NY, US, Project Manager / Sustainable Architectural Design
• Coordinated and designed sustainable architectural projects from concept to construction.
• Worked on the renovation of existing buildings and houses implementing sustainable construction techniques and materials to improve building energy performance.
• Engineered building structures to integrate photovoltaic and solar thermal systems to buildings’ roofs and curtain walls.
• Assured the generation of conceptual designs and presentations to satisfy client needs and the requirements of the project specifications.
• Generated 3D models through the use of AutoCad and various 3D software for project presentations.
• Conducted building performance energy analyses to existing buildings in order to provide innovative sustainable solutions.
• Worked on the design, development and construction of the first fully sustainable and self-powered building in NYC, “The Delta Building”, Brooklyn, NY.
• Project publications: “The New York Times”, Delta Building, Off-The-Grid Living in Brooklyn, New York, 2012. “Inhabitat Magazine”, The Delta Building, New York, 2012. “New York Post”, ‘Green Stone’ B’klyn, NY 2012.
Previous Work Experience, Architectural Designer, Industrial Design, Draftsman
Architecture Design Consultant, New York – From March, 2008 to August, 2010
Ulco, Co., Fairfield, CT, Designer – From September, 2002 to December, 2007
SU11 Architecture, New York, NY – Designer – From October, 1998 to October, 2002
R.A.H. Architects, New York, NY – Designer – From June, 1997 to June, 1998
R & Q Architects, Miami, FL – Draftsman – From June, 1995 to September, 1995
Bermello A. Architects, Miami, FL –Draftsman – From June, 1994 to September,1994
Columbia University, New York, NY, US, MArch, Graduate School of Architecture
Florida International University, Miami, FL, US, BArch, School of Architecture
Miami Dade College, Miami, FL, US, School of Engineering
Associates of Arts in Engineering