With over twelve years experience in architecture and design, I have compiled a diverse portfolio that includes numerous high-end apartments; commercial and mixed-use buildings; retail stores and restaurants; as well as projects with more specialized designs of curtain walls and steel structures. I am a dynamic and creative individual who is hard working, reliable and proactive, and always looks for ways to improve / streamline the production and design process. My attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills ensure that every project I work on is done accurately and to the highest possible standard. I possess impeccable design and computer skills, with extensive knowledge of several software including Autocad, Revit Architecture, TurboCad, Maxwell, Twilight Render, SketchUp Professional, Layout, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. I earned a Master of Architecture from Columbia University, have multiple certifications that include LEED-AP and NCARB, and I am in the process of taking the ARE.
Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English and Spanish.
I am a U.S. Citizen.
BSA Architects, New York, NY, US, Senior Project Manager
• Independently or as team leader, design and develop projects from conceptual design, to construction documents.
• Supervise project managers and draftsman in the production and development of projects.
• Create presentations and supporting drawings for client approval through the use of multiple 3D and rendering software.
• Responsible for the production of construction documents for submittal to the Department of Buildings.
• Engineer all necessary section details and construction methods for the construction of houses and buildings.
• Prepare shop drawings for furniture design, millwork and structural steel structures.
• Collaborate with contractors, subcontractors, and vendors during all project phases to resolve emerging design problems.
• Lead the design and implementation of curtain wall systems.
• Established new company CAD standards and file project structure for a faster and more efficient production of construction documents.
• Perform field surveys for new projects, and prepare existing condition drawings and documentation.
• Current projects include multi-story mixed-use buildings, shopping malls, retail stores, high-end apartments, house developments, and landmark building restorations.
• Clients: Stuyvesant Town – Peter Cooper Village with a combined total of 110 residential buildings located in Manhattan, New York. Thor Equities, global real estate developer with properties in the United States, Europe, Canada and Latin America.
Kohn Architecture, New York, NY, US, Senior Design Director
• Designer and Project Manager for the design and development of multi story mixed-use buildings, high-end apartments, interiors, restaurants and retail stores.
• Generate design concepts and project development strategies through the use of 3D, rendering and graphics software.
• Create graphic presentations and progress drawings for client meetings.
• Coordinate meetings between contractors and subcontractors to resolve emerging construction, MEP, and structural problems.
• Explore solutions and create preliminary details to resolve technical issues between the building’s structure, construction materials, and curtain wall.
• Develop full sets of construction documents according to project specifications that meet Department Of Buildings demands and code requirements.
• Prepare and create all necessary documents and plans for the bidding process.
• Current clients include: Aimco Corporation with over 250,000 apartments in more than twenty four States; L3 Capital, Real Estate Investment Firm, developers of commercial properties in all major U.S. cities, and various other commercial and residential clients.
New York Design Architects, LLP, New York, NY, US, Senior Project Architect / Design Director
• Responsible for the design, management and development of multiple projects ranging from high-end apartment buildings, to retail stores, restaurants and designated landmark building restorations.
• Developed the Company’s design standards for a fast and efficient design process through the research, selection and implementation of graphics and 3D software.
• Produced project presentations for client review through the use of renderings, computer models, 3D PDFs, plans and animations.
• Led a design team of three to four draftsman and designers in the design process and construction document creation.
• In charge of interior design concepts and development.
• Researched materials and guide the design team with material selection and construction techniques.
• Developed graphic designs for chain restaurants, logos, brands and merchandise.
• Coordinated between project managers, clients and consultants through the design and construction process.
• Designed and engineered steel structures for building renovations, and steel decks.
• Applied sustainable design solutions to projects.
• Prepared all the necessary documentation and supporting material required by the USGBC for the submittal of credits for projects seeking LEED certification.
• Clients included: Starbucks Coffee Company, Café Metro, Flavors Cafe Corp., Nanoosh Corp., Denny’s Corp. and various other commercial and residential clients.
New York Design Architects, LLP, New York, NY, US, Project Manager - Promoted to Senior Project Architect
• Independently or as team leader managed multiple projects while reporting to principle architects in the design development, construction documents and overall project progress.
• Collaborated with contractors, subcontractors, and vendors during all levels of projects to resolve emerging design problems.
• Prepared shop drawings for furniture design, millwork and structural steel structures.
• Responsible for the creation of architectural documents, construction techniques
• Supervised the expediting and permitting process of projects in order to obtain approvals.
• Attended on-site construction meetings, and performed final inspections.
• Performed field surveys for new projects and prepared existing condition drawings and documentation.
• Actively involved with the principals of the office working to develop proposals.
Previous Work Experience, New York, New York, US - Miami, Florida, Designer, Industrial Design, Draftsman
Dynamic Concepts & Design, Brooklyn, NY, Project Manager - From September 2010 to November, 2012
Architecture Design Consultant, New York – From March, 2008 to August, 2010
Ulco, Co., Fairfield, CT, Industrial Designer – From September, 2002 to December, 2007
SU11 Architecture, New York, NY – Designer – From October, 1998 to October, 2002
R.A.H. Architects, New York, NY – Designer – From June, 1997 to June, 1998
R & Q Architects, Miami, FL – Draftsman – From June, 1995 to September, 1995
Bermello A. Architects, Miami, FL –Draftsman – From June, 1994 to September, 1994
Columbia University, New York, NY, US, MArch, Graduate School of Architecture
Florida International University, Miami, FL, US, BArch, School of Architecture
Miami Dade College, Miami, FL, US, School of Engineering
Associates of Arts in Engineering