Designer/drafter with experience in the design, production, and coordination of architectural construction and presentation drawings for commercial, office, and public works projects. Able to produce multiple concepts according to clients needs, building program, building code, and community development guidelines.
University of Nevada, Las Vegas - UNLV, Las Vegas, NV, US, Visiting Lecturer
1. SimLab Coordinator: Supervisor = Randall Stout, FAIA.
- Coordination of the SoA Laboratory for Physical and Computational Simulation (SimLab) operations and acquisitions. Supervised student workers and oversaw special projects while managing shop supplies, equipment repairs, safety training, and installation of new equipment for the Digital Fabrication Lab, Woodshop, and Metal Shop.
2. Digital Support Specialist: Supervisor = David Baird, AIA.
- Administrative, faculty, and SoA technical Comittee Member. Provided building support through research and recommendation of equipment, procurement of materials and supplies, supervision of special projects, and coordination of major technology upgrades at the School of Architecture.
3.Visiting Lecturer, School of Architecture, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2012/2013:
LAND 486 Landscape Architecture Design VI (team teaching situation with Daniel Ortega)
Final capstone design studio that synthesizes the technical, theoretical, historical, and cultural aspects relevant to the study of landscape architecture as they apply to solving landscape architectural design problems.
LAND 384 Landscape Architecture Design III
Landscape architectural design applications of large-scale site analysis, land use planning, and ecosystem management issues. Research based design projects with urban design and planning strategies and tactics to deal with redevelopment, infill, and adaptive re-use projects in the City of Henderson, Nevada.
AAD 267 – Computer Applications in Architecture I / LAND 262 – CAD for Landscape Architecture
Fundamental digital visualization methods in 2D representation, 3D modeling, and 3D rendering for students in all three disciplines within the School of Architecture (Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, and Architecture). Introduction, through the use of task-specific assignments, to the following 10 applications and definition of appropriate uses for each:
• Photoshop • Illustrator • InDesign • Acrobat • Rhino
• SketchUp • Kerkythea • AutoCad • Revit • Grasshopper
Introduction and required use of fabrication machinery:
• Laser Cutter • CNC Machine • 3D Printer
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US, MArch, Architecture
Re-Thinking Harmon Avenue, Fenkell - 2002
José Gámez Ph.D. - Thesis Committee Chair.
Physical and cognitive mapping of the social, environmental, and perceptual terrain of Las Vegas in order to produce a walkable and more transit oriented development between the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and Las Vegas Boulevard.
• Inaugural Downtown Urban Design Studio
Steven Ressler van Gorp, AICP, Redevelopment Director - City of Las Vegas – Instructor.
Urban design within existing Downtown Las Vegas context:
• 5th Street School Redevelopment Project. • East Fremont Street Entertainment District.
• 4th Street Multi-Family Infill Project. • Downtown Post Office Re-use Project.
• 3rd Street Retail and Entertainment Block Plan. • Downtown North Neighborhood Plan
• Lewis Ave. Streetscape / Pedestrian Corridor. • Downtown South Neighborhood Plan
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV, US, BArch, Architecture
Poetry Selection: Transitive. Poetry in Motion Public Art Competition. RTC/Clark County, Nevada., Award
Video Selection: Thoughts On My Other Half. 1st Annual Borah Theater Video Festival., Award