My design principle was primarily set upon the question that many of my comrades come into when discussing zombie related issues... what zombie universe are we talking about? Almost every movie, novel and video game address the rules of zombification and natural/supernatural issues that area part of the "zombie universe". So, I spent the majority of my time developing a zombie threat level system to evaluate the level of protection required for the zombie apocalypse - primarily because no one could get three or more zombie fans to agree to what is the most likely of zombie take overs we will encounter in reality. My architectural contribution was design for a threat level 4 on my system and is prepared to be humanities last hope.
Program Issues to Address:
1. How many people can you fit in your safe house?
2. How are you handling power, potable water, and waste?
3. How are you handling access to your safe house?
4. How many days do you plan to stay in your safe house, and how much food and water are you providing?
5. How will you escape in the event of a zombie intrusion?
6. How will you keep zombies out of your safe house?
The site selection is open ended and up to you. (the world is your canvas)
No budget restriction is applied. Your safe house is human civilization’s last hope!
Status: Competition Entry
Location: Probably in Texas... where many have survived the impossible.