Designed a new IHop restaurant, adjacent to the beach, approximately 15’ above grade (due to revised flood maps)
• Designed an independently structured lobby/stair/elevator structure.
• Incorporated break away walls
• Coordinated with elevator supplier and specified special equipment arrangements and controls to prevent damage from storm surge of future hurricanes.
• Redesigned all means of egress including the addition of exterior stairs, delivery ramps and product lift.
• Designed the addition of a deck sun deck and waiting area with gulf views
Location: Gulfport, MS, US