As an Associate in Marx|Okubo’s Pasadena office, I perform architectural consulting, sustainability reviews, property condition assessments, owner’s representation-related services and disabled accessibility reviews across California.
I conduct CASp and other disabled accessibility reviews of office, shopping center, and multifamily properties, and completed a certificate program on accessibility and universal design at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design in 2014
Since 1995, I have been involved in diverse construction and architectural projects, including retail, office and interiors, as well as community college and K-12 educational facilities.
Prior to joining Marx|Okubo, I served as a project architect for a Los Angeles-based architectural firm, and worked on construction document preparation, project management, specifications writing, governmental plan processing, and construction administration.
I'm fascinated by the business of architecture and how modern methods of communication, project management, & marketing can be applied in pursuit of architectural excellence.
Marx|Okubo Associates, Inc., Pasadena, CA, US, Associate
* Pre-Construction Project Review
* New Construction Owner's Representation
* Construction Loan Monitoring
* Property Condition Assessments
Flewelling & Moody, Los Angeles, CA, US, Project Architect
◦ Managed and staffed teams from initial design & DSA approval through construction administration: modernization & new construction, primarily K-12 educational projects.
◦ Led presentations to clients, community groups, school boards, and interview committees.
◦ Reviewed projects for LEED and CHPS compliance; Coordinated Revit office standards.
◦ Chaired ESOP Committee; Developed corporate intranet/wiki and Quality Assurance tools
◦ Marketing - Responded to RFPs and RFQs, Redesigned company website & graphic materials
AIA Pasadena & Foothill Chapter, Pasadena, CA, US, Communications Director; Finance committee
◦ Coordinated writing & publication of AIApf website and newsletters.
◦ Co-chaired the planning & promotion of regional technology symposium: BIM Revolution.
◦ Served on Finance Committee in 2006
(All work performed on a volunteer basis.)
Spencer/Hoskins associates, Pasadena, CA, US, Project Designer
◦ Design & documentation of community college buildings - Performed site feasibility studies, Created 3D project renderings, Presented to various client groups and task forces.
◦ Created company's public-facing website and graphic identity.
MCG Architecture, Pasadena, CA, US, Intern Architect
◦ Designed/Documented local & national retail, office, and interiors projects up to 80 acres, including site planning, documents from predesign to CDs, 3D rendering & animation.
◦ Lighting Design - responsible for proposals, design concepts, lighting layout, product specification, photometric calculations, and creation of design guidelines.
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, Teaching Assistant
◦ Architecture 211 - Materials and Methods of Building Construction
◦ Architecture 215 - Design for the Thermal and Atmospheric Environment
◦ Architecture 315 - Design for the Luminous and Sonic Environment
Kaplan Gehring McCarroll Architectural Lighting, Culver City, CA, US, Intern Lighting Designer
◦ Introduced 3D modeling & rendering capabilities
◦ Performed lighting layout/specification
◦ Created presentation boards.
Giroux Glass, Los Angeles, CA, US, Draftsman
◦ Created detailed shop drawings for our work on the Getty Center Museum interiors
◦ Designed & implemented company website.
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, Masters, Building Science
Environmental Controls Systems
Thesis: Color and Daylighting: Towards a Theory of Bounced Color and Dynamic Daylighting
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, BArch, Architecture
USC Architectural Guild Traveling Fellowship, Finalist
Research Proposal: Pacific Rim Vernacular: Architecture and Traditional Housing
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, Bachelors, Communications Arts & Sciences