I work to integrate sustainable design strategies and appropriate technology into the architectural projects I design and see through completion. An inveterate technophile, I am an advocate for an open source solution anywhere it makes sense.
I'm fascinated by the business of architecture and how modern methods of communication, project management, & marketing can be applied in pursuit of architectural excellence.
Marx|Okubo Associates, Inc., Pasadena, CA, US, Associate
* Pre-Construction Project Review
* New Construction Owner's Representation
* Construction Loan Monitoring
* Property Condition Assessments
Flewelling & Moody, Los Angeles, CA, US, Project Architect
◦ Managed and staffed teams from initial design & DSA approval through construction administration: modernization & new construction, primarily K-12 educational projects.
◦ Led presentations to clients, community groups, school boards, and interview committees.
◦ Reviewed projects for LEED and CHPS compliance; Coordinated Revit office standards.
◦ Chaired ESOP Committee; Developed corporate intranet/wiki and Quality Assurance tools
◦ Marketing - Responded to RFPs and RFQs, Redesigned company website & graphic materials
AIA Pasadena & Foothill Chapter, Pasadena, CA, US, Communications Director; Finance committee
◦ Coordinated writing & publication of AIApf website and newsletters.
◦ Co-chaired the planning & promotion of regional technology symposium: BIM Revolution.
◦ Served on Finance Committee in 2006
(All work performed on a volunteer basis.)
Spencer/Hoskins associates, Pasadena, CA, US, Project Designer
◦ Design & documentation of community college buildings - Performed site feasibility studies, Created 3D project renderings, Presented to various client groups and task forces.
◦ Created company's public-facing website and graphic identity.
MCG Architecture, Pasadena, CA, US, Intern Architect
◦ Designed/Documented local & national retail, office, and interiors projects up to 80 acres, including site planning, documents from predesign to CDs, 3D rendering & animation.
◦ Lighting Design - responsible for proposals, design concepts, lighting layout, product specification, photometric calculations, and creation of design guidelines.
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, Teaching Assistant
◦ Architecture 211 - Materials and Methods of Building Construction
◦ Architecture 215 - Design for the Thermal and Atmospheric Environment
◦ Architecture 315 - Design for the Luminous and Sonic Environment
Kaplan Gehring McCarroll Architectural Lighting, Culver City, CA, US, Intern Lighting Designer
◦ Introduced 3D modeling & rendering capabilities
◦ Performed lighting layout/specification
◦ Created presentation boards.
Giroux Glass, Los Angeles, CA, US, Draftsman
◦ Created detailed shop drawings for our work on the Getty Center Museum interiors
◦ Designed & implemented company website.
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, Masters, Building Science
Environmental Controls Systems
Thesis: Color and Daylighting: Towards a Theory of Bounced Color and Dynamic Daylighting
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, BArch, Architecture
USC Architectural Guild Traveling Fellowship, Finalist
Research Proposal: Pacific Rim Vernacular: Architecture and Traditional Housing
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, Bachelors, Communications Arts & Sciences