see all...Viewing 3 out of 9 projects
Mario Romero León (BA(Hons) Dip Arch MA) qualified as an architect at the University of Valladolid, Spain, where he focused mainly on architectural design, building structure analysis and construction systems.
He is an enterprising, dependable, and well-organized Junior Architect with experience, education, and interests at the intersection of architecture, urban planning and community development.
Specialism: Concept and Feasibility Design, Community and Public Sector, Structural Analysis, Urban and Public Realm.
Rietveld Architects LLP, New York, NY, US, Trainee
JSID ltd., London, GB, Freelance Architect
- Design of a £200K detached house in Canning Town: a four-storey building that combines sustainable construction systems such as green walls & green roof together with a flexible use of the different rooms within the dwelling to maximize the useful space of each part of the house.
- Planning application management for the building; Client liaison to discuss and develop other improvements on the house.
The Facility Architects Ltd., London, GB, Junior Architect
- Feasibility study and concept design for the £1.2 million ‘St Stephen´s Centre’ project, a multi-purpose building that houses a nursery, a café, community spaces and a church, located in Southend-On-Sea (on-going project).
- Design and management of the ‘Eco hut’ as part of the £1.8 million ‘Really Smart House’ project (completed). The Eco hut provides meeting facilities in Southend-On-Sea and is designed to be self-efficient using sustainable technology including solar and thermodynamic panels.
- Involved in the project management of various urban regeneration and multi-family residential retrofit projects.
- Experience in construction and contract administration while meeting with local authorities, clients, suppliers and contractors.
- Design for initial and advanced phases of a variety of housing and multi-use projects.
Architectural Construction Department (University of Valladolid), Valladolid, ES, Architectural Researcher
- Researched new wooden structural beam types focus on building structure applications.
- Created 2D and 3D beam analysis models using both Theory of Structures and Finite Element software (Ansys).
- Worked as teaching assistant for “Structure I” under-graduate course.
General de Obra Civil s.l. (Grocisa), Plasencia, ES, Internship
- Generated layouts for optimal steel reinforcements in concrete structures. Responsible for effective liaison between studio and workshop.
Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Valladolid (ETSAV), Valladolid, ES, MArch, Architecture
Full architectural project development in terms of concept design, urban planning and landscaping, building technical systems and structure/services calculations of a School of Arts in Spain.
Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Valladolid (ETSAV), Valladolid, ES, BArch, Architecture
Study and understanding of art and architecture aesthetics, graphic design, integrated design studio, urban planning, structures, construction and services systems.
Gdańsk University of Technology, Gdansk, PL, BArch, Architectural Studies
Focused on designing sustainable buildings (self-efficient and low energy consumption buildings), landscaping and study of traditional Polish architecture.
BME-BUDAPEST UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY AND ECONOMICS, Budapest, HU, BArch, Architectural Studies
Specialization in modern construction systems, urban planning developments on riversides, large structures analysis and study of traditional Hungarian architecture.