see all...Viewing 3 out of 9 projects
Mario Romero León [BA (Honours) Dip Arch MA] is qualified as an Architect from the University of Valladolid (Spain), where he focused on architectural design, building structural analysis and construction/service systems.
He is an enterprising, dependable, and well-organized Architect with experience, education and interest in the intersection of architecture, project management and community development.
Specializations: Concept and Feasibility Design, Project Management, Community and Public Sector, Structural Analysis, Urban and Public Realm.
Rietveld Architects LLP, New York, NY, USA, Junior Architect
• Develop drawings under BIM standards (Archicad) for architectural stages on various residential and multi-use projects in USA, UK and the Netherlands.
• Coordinate 3D printing processes for educational, institutional and professional office buildings.
• Create multiple sets of detailed hand sketches for interior design of luxury Victorian residence in London.
• Design graphic compositions for use in client presentations and new business opportunities.
JSID ltd., London, UK, Freelance Architect
• Design of £200K detached house in Canning Town, a four-story building that combines sustainable construction systems, such as green walls and green roof, and flexible use of different rooms in order to create multi-functional spaces throughout the dwelling.
• Management of building planning application; client liaison to discuss and develop other home improvements.
The Facility Architects & Consultants, London, UK, Junior Architect
• Feasibility study and concept design for £1.2 million ‘St Stephen´s Centre’ project, a multi-purpose building that houses a nursery, café, church and community spaces, located in Southend-On-Sea (on-going project).
• Design and management of ‘The Eco Hut’ as part of £1.8 million ‘Really Smart House’ project (completed). ‘The Eco Hut’ provides meeting facilities in Southend-On-Sea and is designed to be self-efficient using sustainable technology including solar and thermodynamic panels.
• Involved in project management of various urban regeneration and multi-family residential retrofit projects.
• Experience in construction and contract administration while meeting with local authorities, clients, suppliers and contractors.
• Design for initial and advanced phases according to BIM standards (Revit) on a variety of housing and multi-use projects.
Architectural Construction Department (University of Valladolid), Valladolid, Spain, Research Fellow
• Researched new wooden structural beam types focus on building structure applications.
• Created 2D and 3D beam analysis models using both Theory of Structure and Finite Element software.
• Worked as teaching assistant for “Structure I” undergraduate course.
Architects Without Borders, Valladolid, Spain, Collaboration Program – Architectural assistant
Involved in design and management of international cooperative housing projects in developing countries like Peru and Colombia.
General de Obra Civil s.l. (Grocisa), Plasencia, Spain, Internship – Engineer assistant
Generated layouts for optimal steel reinforcements in concrete structures. Responsible for effective liaison between studio and workshop.
University of Valladolid, ETS Arquitectura, Valladolid, Spain, MArch, Architecture
Full architectural project development in terms of concept design, urban planning and landscaping, building technical systems and structure/services calculations of a School of Arts in Spain.
University of Valladolid, ETS Arquitectura, Valladolid, Spain, BArch, Architecture
Study and understanding of art and architecture aesthetics, graphic design, integrated design studio, urban planning, structures, construction and services systems.
Gdańsk University of Technology, Gdansk, Poland, BArch, Exchange Program (Lectures in English)
Focused on designing sustainable buildings (self-efficient and low energy consumption buildings), landscaping and study of traditional Polish architecture.
BME - Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Budapest, Hungary, BArch, Exchange Program (Lectures in English)
Specialization in modern construction systems, urban planning developments on riversides, large structures analysis and study of traditional Hungarian architecture.