I am a recent graduate of Cornell University, with a bachelor's degree in landscape architecture with a concentration in urban ecology. I am seeking an entry-level position where I can continue to develop my skills as a designer.
At Cornell I have developed a strong interest in the environment and am currently working towards a honors degree through a design thesis on wildlife crossings. I also have experience in residential firms and the understanding that succesful designs are buildable designs.
I hope to bring my expertise and skills that I have learned to a landscape architecture firm. I am organized, self-motivated, and eager to begin my career as a landscape architect.
Steven Dubner Landscaping, Dix Hills, NY, US, Project Manager
-Produce materials for residential design presentations such as site plans, planting plans, and hand rendered landscape plans
-Prepare landscape proposals and estimates for residential designs
-Apply for building permits for residential swimming pools and other installations
-Assist in laying out specified plants on site for residential projects
-Estimate project bids for commerical landscape installations
Gunn Landscape Architecture, PLLC, New York, NY, US, Intern
- Generated planting plans and plant lists through the specification of plant and hardscape materials
- Assisted designers in computer rendered plans for client meetings
- Created plant image sheets and seasonal diagrams for clients to familiarize themselves with plant materials
- Developed an apartment garden terrace by specifying plants, planters, and furniture for the site
- Computed weight calculations for rooftop terraces to determine if the proposed plans were feasible
Bayview Landscape Architecture, Roslyn, NY, US, Intern
- Strengthened skills with AutoCAD by drafting site plans and construction details, as well as hand rendering plans
- Created plant lists and provided drainage calculations
- Designed a front landscape for a residential client by choosing plants, developing planting plan, creating plant list, specifying plants, and hand rendering plan
- Learned how to fill out and apply for permits at local towns, as well as familiarized myself with the workings of a small landscape architecture firm
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, US, Bachelors, Landscape Architecture
Design and Environmental Planning • Urban Design Studio • Emerging Dimensions in Urban Ecology • Site Engineering • Site Construction • Practicing Sustainable Landcare • Conservation Biology • Woody Plant Identification • Annual and Perennial Identification
ASLA Award of Honor, Award
During my final semester at Cornell, I was nominated by my department professors for the ASLA Award of Honor and Merit. After a presentation and panel discussion/questions I was awarded the ASLA Award of Honor for the Landscape Architecture Undergrad Class of 2013.