I'm a young professional with a background in architecture in New York City. I've worked for several firms in the city on projects ranging from residential build-outs to institutional work to large-scale developments. I'm interested in improving the housing situation in New York from the perspectives of affordability, sustainability, and livability.
Development Planning and Design, LLC, New York, NY, US, Architectural Designer / Planner
- Designing and managing the architectural side of the first site in a six building master plan from Schematic through Design Development stages.
- Proposed building is a 700,000 SF, 14-story residential development with at-grade and below-grade retail and on-site, below-grade parking
- Taking design direction from Quadriad's principal, developed a series of schematic design sets.
- Coordinated with structural and MEP engineers to develop preliminary building systems
- Developed a preliminary pricing estimate with contractors, then worked to respond to concept pricing through value-engineering within the architectural side and coordinating with the engineers on the building systems
- Managed hand-off to architect of record once critical point in Design Development had been reached
- Continued working with architects of record through end of project.
- Assisted on determining the massing for the master plan
- Created a series of excel charts that extrapolated different massing options for the six-site master plan from the architectural plans for the first building, giving FAR numbers, unit counts, unit distributions, and building efficiency numbers for the different options
- Created technical drawings and tables used in the ULURP application
PellOverton Architects, New York, NY, US, Junior Designer
- Worked on both small-scale residential projects and mid-size institutional projects as a designer/draftsman
- Worked on schematic, design development, and construction document sets, site analysis, material specification, and model building
- 1,169 IDP hours logged
Alachua Habitat for Humanity, Gainesville, Florida, Construction Intern
- Helped implement Energy Star and Florida Green Building Code specifications into construction practices
- Used GIS mapping to identify potential sites for new single family housing projects
- Helped create a proposal for a new multi-family development in Gainesville
- Spent over 30 hours on construction sites overseeing volunteer workers
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, US, Architecture
Bachelor of Design with a focus on architecture. Minors in Urban Planning and Sustainability Studies.