To Whom It May Concern:
Hi! My name is Xiaoxiao. I am a recent graduate from the Rochester Institute of Technology with an MFA degree in Industrial Design. I have studied Industrial Design for 6 years. My main interest is in furniture, house-ware and household appliance design. But I am also flexible to do any other design job. I’m looking for long-term internship which can lead to a pay-well job.
If you decide to offer me an internship, you will get:
• A passionate and creative young designer.
• A patient mind and careful hands to do any mock -up or model.
• A skilled painter who learnt painting when she was 6 years old.
• A proficient computer modeler in the following software:
6 years of experience in using Photoshop, 3 years in Adobe Illustrator.
6 years of experience in using Solidworks (Both solid and surface building skill)
• A dreamer, a good listener, a rigorous thinker and a team player. The product that won the bronze award price at IDEA competition was initially invented by a colleague of mine.
• A fast learner who has strong willingness to learn everything especially for the creative thing.
• An energetic worker who has the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
• A candidate who knows both Chinese and English and is familiar with both cultures. I’m willing to travel abroad.
Except for the honor of IDEA competition, I also have an unforgettable experience on Danish Institute for Study Abroad program last summer. The chair I designed was on display at DIS exhibition, RIT exhibition and ICFF exhibition.
I am very motivated to obtain a position with your company and will do my best to provide extra value for the company. I look forward to the opportunity of meeting with you. Please feel free to contact me anytime at 585-503-5851 or firstname.lastname@example.org. References are available at your request.
Beijing Shunzhenyuan Model Design Company, Beijing, CN, Modelling Assistant
Designed and set up computer model of solid works; produced model, sand table, banner, display board for customers.
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY, US, Graduate Assistant
Assistant to student with technical issues and maintained lab as a computer lab technician and workshop assistant
Xiaoma International Education, Beijing, CN, Graphic Designer
Responsible of banner and website design of bbs.xiaoma.com.
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY, US, MArch, Industrial Design
Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS), Copenhagen, DK, Furniture Design and Manufacturing
Beijing University of Technology, Beijing, CN, BArch, Industrial Design
Bronze Award I 2013 IDEA Competition, 3rd Place
Bronze Award I 2013 IDEA Competition
• Designed a brand new breast pump which helps contemporary female feed baby and avoid embarrassed when they used it.
• This simple solution is not only providing mothers more flexible time to work and enjoy life, but also showing fathers how to feed babies milk with proper temperature. Both mothers and fathers will be involved in the feeding process to get more connection with their children since the very basic step.
Finalist Award I The Third China Automobile Design Competiton
Shirley’s City Auto
• Designed a new type of urban transportation which can both normally run on the road and be hanged on the bridge for auto-driving, the car’s wheel could be folded and store energy; the chair could tilt to an appropriate angle that was good for drivers’ health; track suspension met the needs of future urban traffic network.
Merit Award I 2009 the International Competition of Product Innovation Design for University Students, Honorable Mention
Merit Award I 2009 the International Competition of Product Innovation Design for University Students
But to Fly
• Designed an aircraft, reference for butterfly’s shape, to change human beings’ life by reducing their time for leaving home since the aircraft can be hanging on the balcony. Adopted principle of the rotor structure and the principle of bi-axial reverse structure to provide power and adjust the flight direction and speed.