Luciana Valencia M.
US Citizen, Colombian and Italian National
+ (1) 954 636 – 9372
555 NE 24th St. Apt 1402. Miami FL 33137
PDT International, Fort Lauderdale, FL, US, Color & Material Designer
Architectural and interior design company focused in retail, hospitality and commercial projects in the U.S and abroad.
• Key contributor in the selection and application of color, materials, and finishes over an entire range of projects.
• Focused on creating innovative concepts that will strived to offer freshness of vision and aesthetic.
• Collaborated with creative manager, senior designer, graphic designer, 3D rendering, engineers and project managers to shape the business model of each project by establishing key strategies, design and image.
• Found specialized solutions for architectural concepts, space planning, fixture design, branding, imaging, and merchandising.
Deimos Arte, Bogota Colombia, Design Assistant
DEIMOS Art, established in 1973, is very well known for its usage of craft materials and appliance in modern objects, not to mention its passion for quality.
• Designed several unique pieces of furniture (sofas, bookshelves, puffs and beds) and decorative objects alongside head designer/ and owner of the company; Paulina Mallarino.
• Interior design, and spatial projection (planimetrics) of different projects, house, hotels and lodges.
• In charge of the interior design in the Hotel NH 93 in Bogota.
• Organized an art exhibition for the artist, Miguel Cardenas, which took place on February 23, 2012.
Ornella Franchi, Bogota Colombia , Design Assistant
This company is dedicated to fashion design, manufacturing and distribution of clothing. It works in different areas of fashion, including, corporate design and exclusive fashion design.
• Design assistant of Maria Cecilia Mercado, head designer and owner of the company.
• Designed apparel, corporate image development production control, and supervised materials involved in the entire production line, amongst others.
Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Bogota Colombia, Bachelors, Bachelor of Science in Design
Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia
School of Architecture and Design
Bachelor of Science in Design
Bachelor of Science in Architecture
Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Bogotá, BArch, Bachelor of Science in Architecture
Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano (NABA),, Milan, IT, Introduction to Fashion Design | Fashion Design & Styling
Colegio Helvetia, Bogota Colombia , High School, Maturity
Colegio Helvetia Bogota, Colombia June 2008
Matura Diploma, Canton de Berne. GPA: (5/6) Graduated with Honors.
Matura Diploma, Canton de Berne GPA (5/6) English.
DALF C1, Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française (88/100).
Lycée Jeanne D’Arc, Vitré, FR, Exchange Student – Semester Abroad
PROJECTS & COMPETITIONS, Other
Project: National Museum Expansion chosen to be exposed at the Exhibition ESCALANDO 2011 (Exhibition of the distinguished projects from the University of Los Andes, School of Architecture)
Corona Award 2012 Pro Habitat, Theme: Transitional & Permanent Housing for Flooded Areas
Project was selected to participate in this completion that took into account the geographical realities of Colombia. Its mission was focused on the improvement of habitat and environmental sustainability for the Colombian people.
Documenta 13, Kassel Germany 2011
Project was selected to participate in one of the world’s most important exhibitions for contemporary art. The competition is focused on the planning of a "documentation center”. Plans for different areas such as conference rooms, event stage, press center, gift shop, bookstore, restaurants and documentation area were required, as well as plans for its secondary functions. In addition to the central plant design concept, another smaller part of the task was the design of smaller satellites distributed to key strategic points of the city.