see all...Viewing 3 out of 11 projects
Analytical, detail oriented architect and real estate developer with domestic and international experience in acquisition, design, and product development. My strengths are financial management, strategic analysis, deal negotiation, and transaction execution in start-up, growth, and Fortune 100 organizations. I have experience in real estate development from the concept and feasibility stage through design, financing, and construction. I am gifted at solving problems in dynamic, demanding environments while remaining positive and focused and have superior communication skills developed through a diverse and versatile background.
Park Cities Design Development, Winter Park, FL, US, Managing Director
Developed annual business plans that achieved desired financial results for the properties in alignment with overall objectives, analysis of financial performance, market supply & demand, pricing models. Most recently created designs for:
• Rehab & expansion of 20,000 square foot athletic club in Mamaroneck, NY
• United States National Squash Training Facility in Orlando, Florida
• 16 acre mixed use urban brownfield reuse in Worcester, Massachusetts.
• Defined business model profile for new student housing venture and initiated development benchmarks resulting in sale of two phases for overall profit of $8 million,
• Initiated/completed rezoning of ten sites in Georgia and Florida (many involving increased allowable density) comprising over 160 acres on which 440 apartment units were built valued at $45 million,
• Accelerated approval timeframes and reduced design expenses through early adoption of ArchiCAD Building Information Modeling (BIM) and three dimensional computer aided design,
• Reduced development risk by instituting a cost database of the impact fees to enable greater accuracy in underwriting.
Wendover Housing Partners, Lake Mary, FL, US, Director of Architecture
• Won NAHB Gold and Platinum Awards for Multi-Family Development in 2004,
• Bid and priced consultant (all disciplines, including architecture) and contractor scopes of work on numerous projects,
• Increased site flexibility through parking reduction study created for municipality presentation,
• Accelerated design timeframes and lowered consultant expenses by designing residential prototypes for market segments with maximum implementation flexibility,
• Performed financial feasibility analysis related to real estate acquisitions,
• Generated net present value (NPV) and internal rate of return (IRR) financial projections and valuation in Excel & Argus.
Walt Disney Imagineering, Celebration, FL, US, Project Co-ordinator
• Led and inspected design and construction oversight in Florida and at Fincantieri shipyard in Venice, Italy on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder cruise ships,
• Calculated and summarized quantitative data through the use of pivot tables,
• Oversaw exterior architecture/building envelope, interior public area architecture, landscape & civil engineering coordination, exterior lighting and exterior graphics Disney's Wilderness Lodge Vacation Club timeshare and Hasbro Once Upon a Toy retail store,
• Supported design charettes with a teams of world-class architects, designers and engineers,
• Developed financial models and monitored and assessed project performance against established benchmarks, developed construction cost and market pricing criteria,
• Created presentations for senior management using Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint,
• Created and maintained graphics and webpages using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver.
Graves & Associates + Hodges & Associates, Dallas, TX, US, Intern Architect
• Project Manager on La Plaza del Norte shopping center in San Antonio, Texas,
• Drew plans for all drawing phases through use of AutoCAD,
• Team member for 125,000 square foot prototype Incredible Universe retail electronics store for the Tandy Company.
Union Bank of California, Los Angeles, CA, US, Financial Control Officer, Treasury Department
Produced foreign exchange and bond trading profit & loss and exposure reports for senior management.
Harvard University Extension School, Cambridge, MA, US, Masters, Management with Finance concentration
Masters program consisting of classes in accounting, finance, banking, marketing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate finance, investment, microeconomics, statistics, labor and human resources. Classes are held both on-campus and online. Graduation is expected in 2014.
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, US, Advanced Management Development
Studied all aspects of real estate development and investment. Heavy emphasis on teamwork and collaboration for the redevelopment plan for downtown Worcester, Mass. Program culminated in a capstone project consisting of developing a fully functional business venture outside of each participant's work scope.
Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, US, Masters, Architecture
Plan III masters degree in architecture.
The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, US, Bachelors, Communication
Movie production, acting, & screenwriting.
"One of the original two sister ships of the Disney Cruise Line, the 2,700-passenger Disney Magic debuted in 1998. The emphasis (not surprisingly) is on family fun and entertainment: the ship has a Little Mermaid nursery for the youngest passengers, as well as the teens-only Vibe, where a "Central Perk" decor includes flat-screen TVs and video games. Any passengers in need of a break from the kids can head to four adults-only lounges, including the roadhouse-inspired Rockin' Bar D and the mellower Sessions piano bar. Magic's itineraries are concentrated in the Mediterranean in the summer and the Caribbean in the winter, including calls at Castaway Cay, Disney's private island in the Bahamas."
National Council On Seniors Housing Gold Award for Innovation, and
National Council On Seniors Housing Platinum Award for Renovation