Michael Milgram is a licensed Architect graduated from Universidad Veritas, Costa Rica, 2012. Currently he is an MS student in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Construction Management in the Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science in Columbia University in the City of New York.
He received an Honorary Mention on the “Sustainable Housing for Middle Class” Contest on October 2011, awarded by International Union of Conservation of Nature (IUCN). Worked for Mallol & Mallol Arquitectos (Panama), Liberman Arquitectos, Arquitectura JOF and SIME Construcciones (Costa Rica), for a total of 4 years.
While Michael was on undergraduate school, he worked his thesis in a project that combined bioclimatic strategies to lower the use of Air Conditioning in a Hot Temperature and High Humid area in Panama.
Michael research interests include studying new construction markets, to understand different methods being implemented in different parts of the world and thus finding the best practices in the construction industry.
Michael expects to enhance his knowledge in construction management as much as possible from his masters in order to become a better professional and become a leader in the field.
Mallol & Mallol Arquitectos, Panama City, PA, Construction Inspector
Worked in The Aloft Hotel Project:
• Inspected the structure, architecture and construction processes of the Hotel
• Responsible for quality control and safety of the construction of the Hotel
Liberman Arquitectos, San José, CR, External Consultant
Worked on the Renovation of the Monumental Building in the City Center:
• Designed the renovation of the Monumental Building, with a café, bar and offices
• Restored the original modern style façade of the Monumental Building
Kenneth Cole Productions, San José, CR, Construction Manager
• Constructed and remodeled two retail stores in 2 major shopping centers
• Coordinated with the regional design office of the franchise
Arquitectura JOF, San José, CR, Architecture and Construction Assistant
• Worked as assistant for the architecture firm and construction company
• Cooperated on the design and construction of five retail stores
SIME Construcciones, San José, CR, Management Assistant
• Responsible for organization of assets and administrative work
• Established a new system of organization for assets
Columbia University, New York, NY, US, Masters, Civil Engineering
Construction Management Concentration:
Part of the Global Leaders in Construction Management Research Team:
o Studied and Analyzed the construction market in Costa Rica
o Traveled and visited Mega Project sites in Turkey and New York City
o Develop a study with the rest of the research group on the construction market in Turkey
Universidad Veritas, San José, CR, BArch, Architecture
Thesis project focus on Sustainability Design
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, US, Intensive English Program
Sustainable Housing for Middle Class in San José, Honorable Mention
Awarded by International Union of Conservation of Nature (IUCN)