I am a designer with a poetic mind, a solid architectural education, and a wealth of practical experience.
Independent Contractor, Spring Valley, NY, US, Safety Plan Coordinator
- Prepare plans for submission to authorities in accordance with local standards.
Stock and Associates, Seattle, WA, US, Designer
SEATTLE GENETICS HEADQUARTERS | Bothell, WA
- Laid out and developed conceptual, permit and construction drawings for two-phase, 40,000 ft2 tenant improvement including corporate offices and laboratories.
- Coordinated with engineers to ensure elegant aesthetic and resolve conflicts.
- Drafted, issued, and filed all construction administration documents before due.
- Conducted research in order to solve code issues and select appropriate products.
PSF MECHANICAL OFFICES | Tukwila, WA
- Designed and detailed furnishings composed of materials used in client's work.
- Maintained product library and organized continuing education opportunities.
Basetti Architects, Seattle, WA, US, Intern
CHIEF SEALTH HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM | Seattle, WA
- Designed and developed full set of construction drawings in AutoCAD for 18,000 ft2 school theater renovation involving systems, building code and finish upgrades.
- Maintained integrity of design through construction by communicating ideas clearly to contractor through drawings, written documents and on-site meetings.
DENNY MIDDLE SCHOOL + CHIEF SEALTH HIGH SCHOOL | Seattle, WA
- Composed design objectives for $125M 6-12 grade campus renovation and addition.
- Crafted drawings, graphics and written descriptions of work for use in marketing materials, community meetings, and presentations to clients.
- Constructed drawings of existing conditions, demolition plans, floor plans and details.
- Provided AutoCAD assistance to teammates and ensured compliance with standards.
Lynnwood High School | Edmonds, WA
- Developed interior elevations, details and floor plans for 214,000 ft2 high school.
- Presented firm’s work at national architectural conferences and in local schools.
- Developed marketing materials for distribution to potential employees and clients.
King County Transit, Seattle, WA, US, Intern (Summers and Winters)
BURIEN TRANSIT CENTER | Burien, WA
- Collaborated with Via Suzuki Architects to develop physical model of transit shelter.
- Compiled office reference illustrating ADA requirements applicable to transit projects.
- Built suite of site maps using Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, US, BArch, Architecture, Art and Planning
Completed prerequisites and coursework for architectural design, history, theory, structures, practice, and technology. Designed, presented and defended final thesis exploraing the relationship of poetry and architecture before panel of professors and audience.
Yakima Design Build | University of Washington | June 2005 - August 2005
Construction of student-designed prototype for an energy efficient home for migrant farm workers in the Yakima Valley of Eastern Washington. Fully participated in diverse aspects of building construction including concrete formwork, structural insulated panel (SIP) installation, framing, insulation, weather barrier application and roofing.
Cornell in Rome | January 2005 - May 2005
Studied, analyzed and sketched ancient, medieval, gothic, renaissance and modern architecture in Italy. Developed and presented a design project representing the experience of Rome.