Michael Kors (USA), Inc., New York, NY, US, Store Design and Development
- Finalized design drawings for the International, North America and Travel Retail fixture books, generated Rhino models of all fixtures and assembled corresponding look books through collaboration with the respective teams.
- Partnered with a director of the Visual Merchandising team to spearhead a new program of product enhancers including trays, blocks, shoe risers, SLG holders, signage and platters; formulated design drawings, communication with vendors,
redlined shop drawings and prototyping for lifestyle stores.
- Corresponded and met with several vendors, facilitating samples, and created unique samples to match originals for the value engineering process of the “Regent Street Concept” materials to make a feasible and cost effective way to implement new aesthetic into future stores.
- Formalized the development and design of a $250,000, 150 store pilot program that features tech-wearables; created design drawings and a unique surface pattern for the fixture, redlined shop drawings, reviewed pricing from several vendors, oversaw prototyping and rollout into stores.
- Assisted in the design of fixtures geared and unique to pushing Women’s and Men’s SLG and Crossbody product lines.
- Managed installations for various prototypes in the Michael Kors mock store, this involved communication with vendors, building staff, and internal facilities team.
- Conducted invoice management, tracking, and all related information for material orders, prototypes and fixtures and coordinated between contractors, vendors, and relevant teams.
- Finalized store layouts, fixture and finish plans to correspond to the current layouts in the North America and International regions for several programs.
- Organized and maintained a library of more than 125 standard materials ranging from all the different programs which fall within the Michael Kors brand; collection, lifestyle, outlet, wholesale, travel retail, men’s lifestyle and men’s outlet.
Homepolish, New York, NY, US, Interior Designer
-Schedule in-home consultations with potential clients to discuss various design challenges such as, but not limited to, fabrication of concept/aesthetic for space(s), promoted design solutions for preexisting issues, space planning, and budget.
-Laid out client-specific booklets in InDesign, that contain: furniture and accessory specifications, paint schedules, corresponding floor plans, elevations, and renderings.
-Generated millwork drawings as needed for projects; specifying materials, finishes, and hardware.
-Manage on-site construction and installations.
-Maintain strong client relationships throughout the design process through follow-up meetings, phone calls, and emails.
-Styled spaces suited to client’s personality and to follow prediscussed concept/aesthetic.
Robert Verdi Inc, New York, NY, US, Creative Intern
-Managed over 175 objects for the Robert Verdi Taste Maker Tag Sale, that were given product codes, measured, photographed, and organized in Excel, and acted as the main liaison for the company One Kings Lane and Robert Verdi Inc.
-Involed in the completion of Iman Cosmetics office in New York City by serving as a design consultant with Robert Verdi and generated perspectives of the completed space, which included selected furniture and specifications.
-Assisted in the furniture selection process and created a specification booklet for Joy Behar’s home in the Hamptons by fabricating a template in InDesign that was used in-house and by the client.
-Aided in the generation of visually striking, brand specific proposals for companies like Maybelline, Proctor and Gamble, HP, Microsoft, and others for future projects and events.
-Involed in the execution of social media events such as Tweet This! funtions, Fashion Week Retreats, and others through stlyling of the event space, brand/function specific presentation and takeaways, execution of the events, as well preparing wrap-ups in InDesign.
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Pratt Show at the Manhattan Center: Spring 2012 (Senior Thesis)
Charles S. Cohen Scholarship: November 2011
President’s List: Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Spring 2012
Dean’s List: Spring 2009, Fall 2011
Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS), Copenhagen, DK, Interior Architecture/Urban Studies
Field Studies in Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, and Sweden