I grew up near beautiful Santa Cruz, CA. After completing a B.A. in Architecture at UC Berkeley I lived in San Francisco for a few years before moving to Dublin, Ireland. While in Ireland, I traveled as much as possible and worked for a number of outstanding architecture firms.
Now I am back in California having recently completed a Masters of Architecture from Cal Poly Pomona. I currently live in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Los Angeles and I'm an avid music lover and traveler.
For my full portfolio please visit my website: www.siobhanduran.com
Gigante AG, Los Angeles, CA, US, Project Designer
Working as Lead Designer on a home renovation in the Hollywood Hills of Los Angeles, CA. This is a Design Build firm.
• Meeting and corresponding daily with Contractor, Interior Designers, clients, and Sub-Contractors.
• Managing work designation for the project, including hiring and scheduling of Sub-Contractors.
• Designing renovations to client’s speciﬁcations and working with clients to evaluate design objectives.
• Designing construction details for speciﬁc custom features of the project.
• Overseeing work on site.
• Reviewing site issues with engineers.
• Using Revit to complete our projects.
Plasis Design, Project Coordinator / Fabricator
• Completed design and fabrication for an interactive art installation, “City Roller”, for the new Plaza de Cultura y Artes in Downtown Los Angeles.
• Organized the design work for the remodel of Circle Restaurant in Boulder, CO.
• Innovated and solved problems daily as part of a 2 person team for the City Roller art installation.
• Managed work designation for the projects and coordinated with the lead designer to make sure project came in on time and stayed within our limited budget.
• Selected construction materials and fi nishes and oversaw purchase and delivery to site.
• Worked with CNC and laser cutters to fabricate installation pieces including: roller gears, light fixtures, and the3-dimensional plexiglas City cylinder.
• Designed the presentation package for the Coachella “Crane” - the highlight of 2010’s Coachella art installations.
Altoon + Porter Architects, Designer / Project Liaison
• Coordinated SD drawing development with our offi ce in Shanghai for a large scale mall in Wuhan, China.
• Acted as Project Liaison for our team and was in charge of correspondence and drawing submittal to Shanghai.
• Designed mall revisions and additional mall elements for client meetings.
• Managed and reviewed work by team members in Los Angeles and Shanghai.
• Wrote agendas for meetings, conference calls, and work reviews.
Duran / Muldoon Home Renovation, Project Designer / Contractor / Owner
• Bought and renovated an 1850s Victorian Terraced Home with my business partner.
• Designed the complete renovation of the home with my partner and did much of the construction work ourselves.
• Integrated the modern fixtures into the home while keeping or recreating important historical details such as cut-string stairs, original plate glass windows and we recreated the original 4 panel doors.
• Managed sub-contractors and oversaw construction on site.
IMO1, 3d Modeler / Animator
• Developed 3d models and animations for marketing purposes.
• Designed and developed animated videos to highlight key areas of interest to clients.
• Worked with the Flash team to create an interactive web site that included animations and renderings.
Fuse Architects, Designer
• Worked with county of Santa Cruz to resolve site issues for several homes in the Santa Cruz area.
• Developed 3d models for presentation and for client discussions and completed SD sets.
Forrest Hill Associates, Designer
• Prepared Planning Documents as part of a team for a number of large Housing Developments in the Dublin area.
• Collaborated with lead designers to develop Concept Design proposals for clients.
CCH Architects, Project Designer
• Oversaw house design and construction for three separate homes in County Kilkenny.
• Worked on projects from Preliminary Scheme Design to Tender, and through to Practical Completion.
• Collaborated on site with Contractor, Interior Designers, Structural Engineers, Landscape Architects and clients to resolve issues and introduce ideas.
• Implemented many of the current trends in one-off home design, such as smart home systems, under floor heating and elevators.
• Completed Payment Certificates and Project Instructions.
Scott Tallon Walker, Junior Designer
• Worked as part of a large team to provide schematic design and construction drawings for the Mater Hospital in the Dublin area.
• Designed and completed construction details.
Madeline Speer Associates, Inc., Project Designer
• Coordinated design of 14 high end boutiques in San Francisco and throughout Australia and Asia. Boutiques included Gucci, Hermes, and Bulgari.
• Oversaw construction on site.
• Managed work designation for projects.
• Corrected fixture shop drawings.
• Organized architectural surveys in locations across the US and managed the survey teams.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, MArch, Architecture
University of California, Berkeley, Bachelors, Architecture