I grew up near beautiful Santa Cruz, CA. After completing a B.A. in Architecture at UC Berkeley I lived in San Francisco for a few years before moving to Dublin, Ireland. While in Ireland, I traveled as much as possible and worked for a number of outstanding architecture firms.
Now I am back in California having recently completed a Masters of Architecture from Cal Poly Pomona. I currently live in Santa Barbara and I'm an avid music lover and traveler.
I am a licensed architect in the state of California.
For my full portfolio please visit my website: www.siobhanduran.com
Winick Architects, Santa Barbara, CA, US, Architect
• Managing several small to medium scale retail projects for clients such as Louis Vuitton and UC Santa Barbara. Currently working on an 8,000 square foot ocean side home which is about to start construction.
Gigante AG, Los Angeles, CA, US, Project Designer
Working as Lead Designer on a home renovation in the Hollywood Hills of Los Angeles, CA. This is a Design Build firm.
• Meeting and corresponding daily with Contractor, Interior Designers, clients, and Sub-Contractors.
• Managing work designation for the project, including hiring and scheduling of Sub-Contractors.
• Designing renovations to client’s speciﬁcations and working with clients to evaluate design objectives.
• Designing construction details for speciﬁc custom features of the project.
• Overseeing work on site.
• Reviewing site issues with engineers.
• Using Revit to complete our projects.
Plasis Design, Project Coordinator / Fabricator
• Completed design and fabrication for an interactive art installation, “City Roller”, for the new Plaza de Cultura y Artes in Downtown Los Angeles.
• Organized the design work for the remodel of Circle Restaurant in Boulder, CO.
• Innovated and solved problems daily as part of a 2 person team for the City Roller art installation.
• Managed work designation for the projects and coordinated with the lead designer to make sure project came in on time and stayed within our limited budget.
• Selected construction materials and fi nishes and oversaw purchase and delivery to site.
• Worked with CNC and laser cutters to fabricate installation pieces including: roller gears, light fixtures, and the3-dimensional plexiglas City cylinder.
• Designed the presentation package for the Coachella “Crane” - the highlight of 2010’s Coachella art installations.
Altoon + Porter Architects, Designer / Project Liaison
• Coordinated SD drawing development with our offi ce in Shanghai for a large scale mall in Wuhan, China.
• Acted as Project Liaison for our team and was in charge of correspondence and drawing submittal to Shanghai.
• Designed mall revisions and additional mall elements for client meetings.
• Managed and reviewed work by team members in Los Angeles and Shanghai.
• Wrote agendas for meetings, conference calls, and work reviews.
Duran / Muldoon Home Renovation, Project Designer / Contractor / Owner
• Bought and renovated an 1850s Victorian Terraced Home with my business partner.
• Designed the complete renovation of the home with my partner and did much of the construction work ourselves.
• Integrated the modern fixtures into the home while keeping or recreating important historical details such as cut-string stairs, original plate glass windows and we recreated the original 4 panel doors.
• Managed sub-contractors and oversaw construction on site.
IMO1, 3d Modeler / Animator
• Developed 3d models and animations for marketing purposes.
• Designed and developed animated videos to highlight key areas of interest to clients.
• Worked with the Flash team to create an interactive web site that included animations and renderings.
Fuse Architects, Designer
• Worked with county of Santa Cruz to resolve site issues for several homes in the Santa Cruz area.
• Developed 3d models for presentation and for client discussions and completed SD sets.
Forrest Hill Associates, Designer
• Prepared Planning Documents as part of a team for a number of large Housing Developments in the Dublin area.
• Collaborated with lead designers to develop Concept Design proposals for clients.
CCH Architects, Project Designer
• Oversaw house design and construction for three separate homes in County Kilkenny.
• Worked on projects from Preliminary Scheme Design to Tender, and through to Practical Completion.
• Collaborated on site with Contractor, Interior Designers, Structural Engineers, Landscape Architects and clients to resolve issues and introduce ideas.
• Implemented many of the current trends in one-off home design, such as smart home systems, under floor heating and elevators.
• Completed Payment Certificates and Project Instructions.
Scott Tallon Walker, Junior Designer
• Worked as part of a large team to provide schematic design and construction drawings for the Mater Hospital in the Dublin area.
• Designed and completed construction details.
Madeline Speer Associates, Inc., Project Designer
• Coordinated design of 14 high end boutiques in San Francisco and throughout Australia and Asia. Boutiques included Gucci, Hermes, and Bulgari.
• Oversaw construction on site.
• Managed work designation for projects.
• Corrected fixture shop drawings.
• Organized architectural surveys in locations across the US and managed the survey teams.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, MArch, Architecture
University of California, Berkeley, Bachelors, Architecture