HNTB, New York, NY, US, Engineer
As member of Design Team for Marine Parkway Bridge Scour Monitoring:
Currently at 70% design. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Calculating quantities of repairs to be made to existing foundations
• Estimating total construction cost to client.
• Developing repair details and drawings.
• Incorporating specifications for project requirements.
As member of Project Controls Team for Goethals Bridge Replacement Project:
Currently in RFP stage. As project progresses, job duties are set to evolve. Responsibilities currently include but are not limited to:
• Customizing existing Port Authority Standard Specifications according to project requirements, as well as developing additional specifications to ensure all aspects of client standards are accommodated.
• Thoroughly review all initial and customized Standard Specifications to ensure all relevant facets of construction process have been accounted for by release of Request for Proposal.
• Ensuring specifications conform to Design Build Finance Maintain (DBFM) and Public Private Partnership (P3) suitability.
• Compiling a Contract Deliverables Requirements List
As member of Resident Engineering & Inspection team for the Replacement of the Willis Avenue Bridge:
The $630 million project consisted of the demolition and replacement of a 109 year-old swing span bridge crossing the Harlem River and construction of new approach spans and ramps crossing the FDR Drive in Manhattan and the Major Deegan Expressway in the Bronx.
• Reviewed design submittals and RFIs prior to operations.
• Performed quantity take-offs for various portions of the work as well as change orders.
• Experienced with substructure, footing, and superstructure construction.
• Managed the work of multiple construction crews.
• Worked with the contractor to obtain the best product for the client.
• Inspected many facets of construction including rebar, caisson, and structural concrete placement to New York State Construction Specifications.
• Produced punch lists for various inspection procedures.
George Washington University, Washington, DC, US, Bachelors, Civil Engineering
• Dean’s Commendation List three times.
• Designed a building constructed in Chantilly, VA, as a senior project. All aspects of the design were considered.
• Designed a three-story building. Specified columns, girders, beams and connections.
• Designed a one-story parking garage including the rebar and support placement. Accounted for live load, dead load, snow load, etc. Checked for crack width and stress in the steel. Computed the factored and service moments on the beams and slabs.