PZS Architects, Philadelphia, PA, US, Senior Associate
Senior Associate Project Manager – Project Architect – Designer
• Developing feasibility studies, architectural design, and development of construction documentation
• Leading project teams from survey, design, to construction documents, specifications, and construction administration
• Developing presentations for clients
• Performing zoning and building codes analysis as well as preparing requests for zoning and building variances
• Developing programs and schedules for projects
• Monitoring project budgets and schedules in collaboration with design team and consultants
• Providing effective communication with all project constituents regarding maintenance of schedules and resolution of issues in the field during construction administration
• Improving efficiency through development of office standards for CAD protocols, project documentation, and project management templates
• Training and supervising new employees in office standards and project documentation
• Identifying and successfully resolving problems in all phases of architectural practice
• Performing QA/QC reviews
Selected Project Experience at PZS Architects
Saint Joseph’s University Villiger Hall – 6 story, 400 bed dormitory. Cost: $25 M
Managed project from schematic design through construction administration. Directed team of four architects through design and documentation, coordinated with consultants. Met with client to develop and refine programming, materials, and systems selection. Assisted client through the IDD process with Philadelphia Planning Commission. Followed entire construction process from shop drawings, construction meetings, RFIs, site visits, change orders, and substantial completion.
10 Rittenhouse – 34 floor luxury condominium tower on Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
In association with Robert Stern Architects as envelope designer. Cost: $150 M
Oversaw every phase of project from early concept to delivery. Managed permit and zoning process including historic and art commissions, numerous zoning and building variances and neighborhood association meetings. Performed code analysis. Managed design process from beginning, designed residential units and core elements. Directed team of eight architects through documentation and construction administration. Directed building substantial completion process including punch lists.
Frances Willard Elementary School – 100,000SF LEED Silver Certification Cost: $30 M
Lead design process from programming with client through design development. Designed, detailed, and managed team of architects from schematic design to construction documents.
Selected Project Experience at PZS Architects (continued)
Luis Munoz Marin Elementary School – 120,000 SF
In Association with Agoos Lovera Architects
Involved in design process, documentation detailing, and construction administration.
Pharmacia Upjohn – Interior Offices
Five locations: Atlanta, GA (12,500 SF), Chicago, IL (18,500 SF), Portland, OR (7,500 SF), Princeton, NJ (22,500 SF), and Phoenix, AZ (6,500 SF)
Provided complete interior design services including programming, space planning, development of furniture standards, finished architectural detailing, and contract documents.
Three Senior Housing Projects – Pennsylvania Housing Finance Authority (PHFA)
Manchester Heights, 65 units; Naaman’s Creek, 80 units; Belmont Knoll, 45 units
Designed and managed, from programming through construction administration, three wood construction senior housing complexes for the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Authority.
South Philadelphia Older Adult Center – 1,000 SF Addition
Designed, documented and followed construction of addition containing multipurpose room, office, and toilets. Commission required respecting existing architecture and preserving existing covered bocce court.
West Jersey Medical Office Building Marlton NJ 42,000 SF.
Designed and documented three story medical office building.
Jacobs/Wyper Architects, Philadelphia, PA, US, Architect
Responsible for all AutoCAD generated documents.
Selected Project: Orange County Correction Facility/Orange County, NY 500,000 SF
MPB Architects, Philadelphia, PA, US, Architect
• Responsible for all graphic documentation during schematic phase, for AutoCAD generated documents during design development, and construction documents.
Selected Project: Grand View Hospital Sellersville PA. 200,000 SF, 3 Additions and renovations.
Ewing Cole, Philadelphia, PA, US, Architect
• Designed and developed handbook of architectural strategies and standards for AutoCAD use; Responsible for AutoCAD generated design and construction documents. Worked as architect on numerous projects at all stages of development.
Selected Projects: Feasibility: Sandoz Laboratories, Merckx Research laboratories, Shared Medical Systems Lionville Site Planning Study; Design Development and construction documents: Princeton Hospital, 2 floor addition (patient beds), Cooper Hospital, 8 floors renovation (patient beds, maternity and laboratories), Hamilton College, 10,000 SF, 500 seat auditorium addition,Birmingham AL racetrack and Oklahoma City racetrack.
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, US, MArch, Architecture
Unite Pedagogique d’Architecture No 6 Bachelor of Architecture 1975–1984, Paris, France, BArch, Architecture