After completing a five year degree in the principles of architecture and design I have discovered my core values. While researching and designing structures to be integrated with sites of varying sizes and contexts, I have seen the potential and downfalls of where our earth stands. Because of the power architects have over how our world will be shaped, I have found myself in a unique position to make a change. A change that will empower people to coexist with their surroundings and their environments. I am motivated to understand, learn, design
and reshape new avenues of habitable space for current and future generations. I am motivated to discover these new ideas with others, to challenge and be challenged by my colleagues. It is my hope to design a beautiful ecologically sustainable future, that motivates and inspires myself and others to live to their fullest potential.
Western Architectural, Portland, OR, US, Project Manager
Project Manager / Intern | Western Architectural, Portland, OR 3/12 to present
- Oversaw construction while developing reports for single and multifamily residences.
- Targeted industry partners to build relations for future collaboration.
- Produced complete construction document sets and specification packages for construction purposes.
- Specialized in envelope details and material integration.
- Maintained effective and efficient communication with owners and contractors.
- Evaluated conditions of multiple enclosure types.
Studio 3 Architects, Salem, OR, US, Architectural Intern
Junior Designer / Intern | Studio 3 Architecture, Salem, OR 1/10 - 12/10
- Accountable for conceptual designs; School Dormitory, Single Family Dwellings, Educational Facilities, Hotel, Retail Buildings.
- Produced presentation graphics using SketchUp, Podium, Kerkythea and the Adobe Design Package.
- Researched and organized programmatic elements for multiple types of projects.
- Produced and drafted construction drawings.
- Strengthened designs through collaboration with colleagues by creating sketches, digital models and physical models.
- Developed a sustainable community concept which cultivated a new client relationship.
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, US, BArch, Architecture
Bachelor of Architecture - University of Oregon - June 2009
Minor in Business Administration - University of Oregon - June 2009
Design Build Director | Cascadia Emerging Professionals, 2012-Present
Directed a group of 4 through community build projects that teach the concepts and goals of Living Future and the Living Building Challenge.
Media Director | Ecological Design Center 2008-2009
Co-Directed a group of 34 students in a diverse set of student/community activities and forums e.g. the H.O.P.E.S. Conferences. Supervised a team of 4 print publication coordinators. Managed time deadlines, project allocation and project cohesiveness. Spearheaded a new marketing scheme for the EDC.
Thesis | Architecture and Ecology
A research paper focused on ecological integration with architecture. "How can architecture be more adaptable to its surroundings?". Architecture should anticipate and react over time to predetermined factors.