Brooklyn, NY, US
see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
Michelle Krochmal first realized she wanted to be an architect when she graduated to building designer dollhouses from visiting model homes while growing up outside Washington, DC. She moved to New York City to attend Cooper Union’s world-renowned architecture program and graduated in 1998. Degree in hand, Michelle spent the next decade exploring the country, living and practicing architecture in Southern California, San Francisco, and Boston, in firms large and small, before returning to New York. Along the way, she became a licensed architect in California and New York, as well as becoming a LEED ID+C professional and NCARB certified.
She has worked on many different types of buildings, from healthcare facilities, offices, and homes, including her own Brooklyn brownstone. She specializes in the interior experience and create spaces that are cost effective, sustainable and most of all delight, enliven and inspire.
All aspects of the building design process to include:
Programming and Conceptual Design
Code / Agency Compliance
Project Management and Consultant Coordination
Construction Administration and Closeout
Computer Skills: Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma, Constructware.
• Blaustein Krochmal Residence, Brooklyn, NY Architect and manager for a complete renovation of a three family brownstone It included design, project management and interface with the DOB.
• Consultant for Ted Moudis Associates working on new stores and renovations for Starbucks.
Perkins+Will, Architect III
Architect and construction administrator with a focus on healthcare projects.
• Johns Hopkins Hospital Charlotte R. Bloomberg Childrens Center and the Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan Cardiovascular and Critical Care Adult Tower, Baltimore, MD. Signage coordinator and interior construction administration.
• CT/MRI Suite, ED Addition and Surgical Practice Suite at Good Samaritan Hospital, Suffern, NY: Interior architect and construction administrator for a wide variety of healthcare projects at various stages of development.
• Bloomberg, Skillman, NJ: Architect for a tenant fit out brought on to help produce VE bid set.
Andrew Cohen Architects, Project Architect
Project Architect for a boutique firm. I specialized in high-end residential design, interior office planning and exterior commercial rehabilitation.
• Chapel Bridge Park, Newton, MA: Completed several projects as an architect and collaborative designer for a 500K ft2 R&D facility as part of major client rebranding effort. Co-managed project and wrote specifications for a new masonry and curtain wall façade. Designed new main entry and glass canopy. Completed a LEED feasibility study for the entire office complex.
• Kenmore Tower, Boston, MA: Architect/designer for a new exterior handicap ramp and entry stairs of a 1960’s era co-op. In charge of design to extensively renovate lobby and public areas. Managed both projects through bidding.
• Kayak.com, Concord, MA: Architect/designer for leading travel website’s corporate headquarters, including expansion and phased renovation. Innovative design incorporated a number of sustainable features, including light sensors, energy efficient lighting, and environmentally friendly materials.
Anshen + Allen, Architect
Designer and architect for five large new hospitals and medical office buildings
• Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Santa Clara, CA: Project coordinator for a new 710K ft2 hospital designed and built in two phases. Primary responsibilities included medical planning and tenant improvements.
• East King Specialty Center, Bellevue, WA: Interior architect/designer from pre-planning to design development pahses for a new 270K ft2 medical office building.
• Intermountain Medical Center , Salt Lake City, UT: Interior architect/designer for a new 1.4M ft2, multi-building healthcare campus.
• San Diego Children’s Hospital, San Diego, CA: Architect for a new LEED-accredited wing for a preeminent children’s hospital. Work focused on patient experience and collaboration with interior designer on interiors.
• Peninsula Medical Center, Burlingame, CA: Interior architect and designer for a new $600M, 600K ft2 hospital and medical office building. Focused on public spaces and TI.
The Cooper Union, BArch, Architecture
I am a finalist in the Barbie Dream House Competition. My house is Barbie's dream home come true, a salt water pool, three car garage, solar panels, indoor garden, cistern, bike parking, and most importantly it is shaped in an elliptical manner to inspire and capture the essense of the ocean outside the door.