A diversified Senior Graphic Designer with over 8 years of experience and a Visual Communications grad, William Hand has lead major projects including casino accounts, corporate re-branding, publications and event promotion. His areas of experience include an advertising agency (Media & Marketing Group), an in-house position (Caesars Ent.), a publishing company (Seven Mile Publishing) and a print house (Image Graphics). He balances progressive creativity with a conservative, professional appearance. Trusted with tight deadlines, William masters branding, logos, layout, typography, photo editing, web and more through the use of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Quark. He attributes his strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to a successful academic background.
The Media and Marketing Group, Voorhees, NJ, US, Senior Designer
- Responsibilities: Create print, web, and interactive graphics in a large, state-of-the-art agency setting predominately, but not exclusively, for gaming and resort clientele. Essential member to a talented group that works above Design Techs and Graphic Designers, under Art Directors, and alongside Account Executives to meet the rapid demands of high-profile clients. Conceptualizes, plans, creates, communicates, modifies, finalizes and preflights a wide-range of print and web material. Create various RFP collateral (branding, logos, invitations, vehicle wraps) upon demand, with little-to-no notice. Storyboarding (TV ads, interactive video and plasma animations). Extremely high volume environment where it is common to produce more than 20 approved, unique, quality designs daily and handle associated revisions. Adheres to brand-standards and conceives new concepts. Multitasking, meeting tight deadlines and simultaneously working on multiple jobs is required and fulfilled.
- Primary Accounts: Harrington Raceway & Casino, Wildhorse Resort & Casino; Secondary Accounts: Resorts World Casino NYC, Monticello
- Special Projects: Casino RFP branding/logos– BlackHawk, Majestic Star, Monticello, Seminole Hard Rock, Seneca, Scioto Downs, Tropicana, Valley Forge; Promotional Logos for numerous casinos; Harrington Raceway membership card, Harrington and Seneca Allegheny New Year’s Eve invitations
Caesars Entertainment, Atlantic City, NJ, US, Lead Graphic Designer
- Responsibilities: Create print and web graphics for multiple properties owned by Caesars Entertainment, brands including Caesars, Showboat, House of Blues, Harrah’s Resort, Harrah’s Philadelphia (Chester), Bally’s (Claridge/Wild West), World Series of Poker, ACES Train, and Atlantic City Country Club. Working with Corporate Management, Art Directors, Direct Marketing, Marketing Directors, Marketing Coordinators, Social Media, Vendors and Advertising Specialists to create various print and web material in a high volume environment. Adhering to brand-standards, conceiving new concepts, multitasking and meeting tight deadlines.
- Promotions: Lead Graphic Artist, Showboat Casino Atlantic City (4/10–4/12), Lead Graphic Artist, House of Blues Atlantic City (4/10–4/12)
- Notable: Worked with corporate headquarters in Las Vegas to completely re-brand the Showboat and House of Blues creative identity and collateral (5/11); Awards– Most Esteemed Advertiser 2010, Press of Atlantic City At The Shore; Charities– United Way, Sister Jean Webster’s Kitchen
Seven Mile Publishing and Creative, Avalon, NJ, US, Graphic Artist
- Responsibilities: Design, layout, and edit of the periodically printed Seven Mile Times, Sea Isle Times, Seven Mile Beach Party, Sea Isle Beach Party, Avalon Borough Newsletter, Stone Harbor Vacation Guide, Stone Harbor Yacht Club Yearbook, Avalon Beach Patrol Yearbook, Seven Mile Calendar and many other publications, update/maintain the company website, meet strict deadlines, design ads/branding for clients, marketing strategy, make charts/graphics, illustration, photography, journalism, planning, organizing, distribution, client interaction, solicitation, up-selling, billing and various other business practices
- Promotions: Lead Graphic Artist, Sea Isle Times, Seven Mile Beach Party, Sea Isle Beach Party (3/09), Lead Graphic Artist, Seven Mile Times (8/09)
- Notable: Growth– Increased number of advertisers in the Sea Isle Times 37% through solicitation as paper grew to record size; Awards– APEX Award for Publication Excellence, Publications Management Magnum Opus Award; Clients– MAK Media/HBO PPV, governments of Avalon, Stone Harbor, Sea Isle City and Middle Twp.; Charities– Diller Home for the Blind, Challenged Children’s Charities, Nun’s Beach, Make a Wish Foundation
Image Graphics, Philadelphia, PA, US, Graphic Artist
- Create print/web graphics in a print house predominately for entertainment clientele. Meet rapid demands of high-profile clients. Conceptualize, plan, create, communicate, modify, finalize and preflight a wide-range of graphics.
- Promotions: Intern (9/05), Graphic Artist (12/05), First Assistant (2/06)
- Clients: US Mortgage Bankers (brand/logo), Justin Guarini/American Idol (promotional), VILLA (branding), Flagstar Bank, McFadden’s, 100.3 FM “The Beat”, Nightclubs (Chrome, Crazy Horse Too, Kat-Man-Du, The Big Kahuna, TSOP, Glam)
Walt Disney Company, Orlando, FL, US, Intern
Certified lifeguard at Disney's Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Coronado, Beach and Yacht Club, and All-Star Resorts. 100% customer interaction including real-life rescues involving first-aid, rehearsed safety spiels, and mandatory customer service workshops. - Attended classes in Communication and Disney Practicum for college credit.
Richard Stockton College, Pomona, NJ, US, Bachelors, Visual Communications, Graphic Design
- Honors: Program Distinction; GPA 3.91; Dean’s List Spring 2007–Fall 2008
- Competitions Won: Senior Class Art Exhibition (promotion, signage), Golf Rules (Stockton Theater Club,
University of Delaware, Newark, DE, US, Communication
Gloucester County College, Sewell, NJ, US, Computer Graphic Arts, Print
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Graphic Arts, Print
- Honors: GPA 3.63; Dean’s List Spring 2005–Spring 2006
- Competitions Won: GCC Graphic Arts (regional promotion, signage)
Clearview Regional High School, Mullica Hill, NJ, US, High School, College Prep, Art, Architecture
- 5 years of Full-Time Study – Fine / Digital Art
- 4 years of Full-Time Study – AutoCAD / Drafting / Architecture / Engineering