see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
Six years cumulative experience in Architecture and Urban Design field, work as a designer emphasizing the integration of systems thinking, contextual adaptation, sustainable methodologies and technical skills. Diverse experience in both US and China gives me a chance to explore an innovative way to think about design and urban environment.
Recently, focusing on residential design and discovering solutions that effectively enhance living environments, evoking ecological synergies between built, social and natural realms. Know-How to complete a residential building permit set for a remodeling and a new addition project. Work in a self-directed manner in all aspects of the design process including design, analysis, programming, digital modeling, graphics, design documents, presentations and project management.
Perkins+Will, San Francisco, CA, US, URBAN DESIGNER
Work on various projects on a range of scales, including international urban design competition (Nansha in China); urban regeneration of downtown, waterfront and significant streets (Market Street in San Francisco and Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles); mixed use development (Seawall in San Francisco); TOD community (Station Park Green in San Mateo); and awarded sustainable community plan (Treasure Island in San Francisco).
• Gathering and evaluating basic information, such as economy, society and environment;
• Analyzing statistical data in ArcGIS and converting to readable diagrams;
• Identifying design and planning issues, challenges and opportunities;
• Thematic researches related to site and design concepts;
• Programming based on zoning code and land use;
• Providing multiple design options for comparison;
• Series of detailed design analysis diagrams in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop;
• Illustrating design concept with overall and subject-specific framework diagrams;
• Illustrative plan and illustrated street sections;
• 3D modeling and 2D section to illustrate standards and guidelines;
• Digital modeling in Sketchup and Revit;
• Realistic 3D spatial analysis in GoogleEarth;
• Processing shadow study and view study in Ecotect;
• Preparing report and interactive PDF presentation with Adobe InDesign;
• Preparing workshop boards, planning game pieces and presentation for public meetings;
• Attending public workshops, public hearings and City Council meetings;
• Helping marketing staff to put proposals together and create graphic in response to RFPs.
- Regional Planning
Northeast San Fernando Valley Vision Plan (2009-2011);
- Master Planning
Edmonton City Centre Airport Lands Design Competition (2011) / Design Guidelines (2012- ongoing);
Nansha Seaside New Eco-City International Competition (2010);
The Town Center At Panamá Pacífico - Design Principles + Design Guidelines (2008-2009);
- Urban Regeneration
Better Market Street (2011- ongoing);
Sunset Boulevard & Civic Center Urban Design Plan & Guideline (2008-2011);
Menlo Park Downtown + El Camino Real Specific Plan (2009-2012);
San Diego Downtown Design Guidelines (2008-2009);
- Mixed Use / TOD
Mission Rock Seawall Lot 337 (2011-ongoing);
Treasure Island And Yerba Buena Island Design For Development (2009-2011);
Station Park Green Specific Plan & Design Guideline (2008-2011).
URBAN PLANNING & DESIGN INSTITUTE OF SHENZHEN, SHENZHEN, URBAN PLANNER / DESIGNER
Participated in three large scale urban design competitions as an assistant urban designer/planner with gradually improved graphic skills, design approaches and logical thinking. Worked closely with Planning Department of the City of Shenzhen on the long-rang Regulatory Detailed Planning.
- Urban Design Competition
Conceptual Plan of Xinbu Island, Haikou (2005-2006) - First Prize;
WJZH Business Park Urban Design Competition, Ji’nan (2006);
Yuhuan Southern District Urban Design Competition, Wenzhou (2005) - First Prize.
- Land Use / Regulatory Detailed Planning
Statutory Planning for Central District in Shiyan, Shenzhen (2005-2007);
Shin Shin Training Center, Fremont, CA, US, Residential Design
Get knowledge and skills for a complete building permit set for a remodeling project or an addition project, including site plan, floor plan, elevations, structural framing plans, electrical plans and etc.
Harbin Institute of Technology, SHENZHEN, MArch, Urban Planning and Design
Harbin Institute of Technology, HARBIN, BArch, Architecture