As a U.S. citizen and Los Angeles resident, I am currently working as a Senior Architect / Interior Designer and Project Manger with a dynamic design-build international company in the Middle East, designing and executing smaller and larger projects in a fast-pace work environment. Our company requires capability to work both independently and in collaborative setting, as such I am required to have both knowledge and interest in all aspects of the design projects from its creative conception to fabrication and construction. In my four-plus years of architectural practice in this environment, I have generated successful solutions and concrete results for complex projects while maintaining their design vision and balance between creativity and practicality. To date I have successfully completed over 23 projects with an accumulated 1,720,000 SF of architectural space for educational, commercial and institutional projects.
My work experience is based on strong educational background in technical and artistic fields. I graduated from the Harvard University, Graduate School of Design, with Master of Architecture, Professional Degree. In addition, I hold a Bachelor of Arts, in Studio Art and Bachelor of Science, in Structural Engineering from University of California, Irvine. I have also completed a 2-year Certificate Program in Professional Commercial Real Estate, with concentration in investments from University of California, Los Angeles.
Past and present clients include: Al Jazirah Press, Cassidian (an EADS Company), Jeep, Kingdom Tower, Pepsi, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), The Saudi British Bank (SABB), Kingdom of Saudi Arabian Ministry of Education, Sheraton Hotel (Starwood Hotels), Tawuniya Insurance Company, amongst others. Project portfolio and list of all projects would be available upon request.
IDC (Interactive Development Company), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Senior Architect / Interior Designer and Project Manager
• Primary responsibility for client contacts with authority to direct, control, and monitor all project activities.
• Development innovative design concepts which are aesthetic, practical and that is reflective of client goals and project budget.
• Preparation of design analysis and research and the required documentations (i.e., block studies, planning modules, stacking, etc.)
• Programming such as space planning, layout of furnishing and equipment, lighting and color coordination, construction supervision / administration and consultant coordination.
• Project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction.
iCPU (Industrial CPU System, Inc.), Santa Ana, CA (USA), Founder and Managing Partner
• Director of Product Development: responsibilities for project initial ideation,overseeing development, prototyping and pilot production run of mission critical, embedded, and industrial PC-based servers and computers. These products were developed for demanding applications with harsh environmental conditions that require high-reliability and high-availability computer systems.
• Brand development, managing product lifecycles, developing pricing strategies and building new products launches.
• Manage all aspects of the marketing including communication, promotion, website development, advertising, public relations, sales programs and education.
John Coil Associates, Santa Ana, CA (USA), Structural Engineer
• Building structural design and lateral analysis (seismic / wind) of mix-use, med-rise Commercial project in downtown Oakland, CA.
• Seismic analysis, safety evaluation, feasibility study and structural design of adaptive reuse architectural project for Holiday Spa Health Club Inc. in older downtown neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA
• Failure analysis of land settlement due to soil compaction together with suggested renovations and repairs of large existing residential development in North County, San Diego, CA.
• Design of reinforced concrete canals, sewer lines and storm drains for John Wayne Airport, Orange County, CA
University of California, Irvine, Architecture & Planning Department, Irvine, CA (USA), Intern designer
• Design, presentations bid sets for new projects.
• Construction sets, details and site surveys of new and existing campus buildings.
• Site documentation and representation of interiors and exteriors of existing buildings.
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (USA), MArch, Architecture
University of California, Irvine, CA (USA), Bachelors, Studio Art
University of California, Irvine, CA (USA), Bachelors, Structural Engineering