see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
Domain Architecture, Inc, Indianapolis, IN, US, Graduate Architect
• Collaborated with engineers, contractors, design architects, and clients to create architecturally and environmentally conscious buildings and spaces within a determined cost.
• Production of architectural drawings for use in the design and construction of numerous buildings types including but not limited to fire stations, multi family housing, and retail spaces.
• Transformed functional and special requirements into feasible design solutions incorporating urban design, master planning, engineering systems, and sustainable design principles.
• Providing building cost analysis and coordination of all construction processes from design to material selection in an effort to mitigate final project costs.
• Oversee construction managers and contractors to ensure the intentions of the architectural drawings and the owner’s interests are maintained.
• Coordinate construction through the tracking of the construction schedules, observing and documenting the progress of various construction trades, and provide onsite supervision.
• Creation of 2D and 3D digital and physical presentations in SketchUp, 3D Studio Max, Revit, Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator and/or other Adobe brand products.
• Provide clients with cutting edge design solutions with an up to date architectural design/product library by maintaining consistent contact with product manufacturers and representative.
University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL, US, Student Intern
• Produced architectural drawings for use in the design of the new Medical Center.
• Coordinated program allocation during schematic design of the new Medical Center.
• Reviewed departmental equipment requirements and coordinated with program.
• Reviewed architectural drawings for completeness and code related issues.
• Coordinated, maintained and updated the Medical Center building standards.
• Created code compliance documents for local and national construction and safety board’s like the Illinois Department of Public Health and The Joint Commission.
• Coordinated and maintained electronic archives for all construction documents.
• Produced meeting minutes for user meetings during each project phase and ensure delegation and follow-through of tasks given to all parties involved in the project.
University of Delaware - Occupational Health and Safety Department, Newark, DE, US, Assistant to Campus Fire Marshal
• Organized, maintained, tested, and trained students and faculty in fire safety and life safety programs.
• Researched and inspected university facilities to ensure compliance with building and fire code, including ADA compliance.
• Inspected, corrected and updated AutoCAD files used in university building construction.
• Frequently tested radiation levels in laboratories using radioactive materials for research
• Coordinated work orders between facilities department and contracted companies.
• Assisted in communication between city officials and various Greek Life organizations during annual inspections.
• Design and implementation of campus wide fire escape plans.
Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago, IL, US, BArch, Architecture
• Graduated Cum Laude in class of 2009
• Minor in Computer Aided Design (CAD)
• 3.56/4.0 Current Cumulative Grade Point Average
Delaware Technical and Community College, Newark, DE, US, Architectural Engineering Technology
• Graduated Sum Cum Laude in class of 2004
• 3.83/4.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average
IIT Clinton E. Stryker Distinguished Service Award, Award
Midwest Cooperative Education and Internship Association Student Award, Award