Project Coordinator, Doctor of Architecture with extensive experience in architectural design, seeking employment in the Architectural Design/Construction field.
As a project coordinator, I design visual elements (i.e. visual fixtures, space planning), develop 3D models/renderings as well as create instructional documents for the implementation of visual elements. Work with vendors to create mock-ups of prototypes, defining specifications and other alternative options. Coordinate special events developing schematic drawings and work with contractors to execute events.
While at the University of Hawaii Manoa I headed the first Community Design and Sustainability Research Program where I proposed and presented a neighborhood vision including a master plan. I concentrated in educational design during my doctorate design/research thesis, Bridging the Gap between School and Community: A project based high school for contemporary education.
As a designer I enjoy creating art and construction projects in my free time, recently completing a design-build of 500sq.ft. exterior living space for a residential home.
Water Technology Inc., Beaver Dam, WI, US, Project Designer
Kohl's Corporate, Menomonee Falls, WI, US, Project Coordinator
• Coordinate special events, i.e. Annual Kohl’s Expo and new brand launches
• Develop renderings and schematic drawings for new retail design concepts, utilizing AutoCad 2012, Adobe CS5, and SketchUp Pro 8
• Create 3D computer models for in-store environmental/spatial analysis and as-built drawings
• Develop assembly drawings for visual design initiatives (companywide)
• Extrapolate data from sales/clearance forecast to implement in-store clearance fixture planning
• Work with vendors and other design professionals from concept design to implementation phase
Kohl's Corporate, Menomonee Falls, WI, US, Designer/Consultant
• Create communication plans for the execution of store remodeling and department layouts
• Assist in the production of fixture layout plans
• Create communication drawings (i.e. fixtures, signholders) for store communication booklets
Green Sand Inc., Honolulu, HI, US, Junior Designer
• Aided in completing schematic, design, and construction documents on multiple commercial projects
• Created three dimensional models for clients on small commercial projects and residential homes
• Completed several presentation renderings for clients from interior and exterior perspectives to elevations
• Collaborated on multiple projects of different scale throughout the design process
• Researched and consulted with various contracted suppliers on design project materials and construction specifications
• Participated in design conception with team members on several projects
University of Hawaii at Manoa- Community Design & Sustainability Research Program, Honolulu, HI, US, Practicum Intern
• Recruited and facilitated a community work group comprised of eight neighborhood leaders and related disciplines to meet identified needs of the community
• Collaborated with the Program Coordinator and community leaders to develop a master plan, design goals and develop a master plan and program
• Augmented the existing building to accommodate a contemporary school facility and neighborhood cultural center
• Examined current Honolulu City and County land use ordinances as well as attended City Council meetings
Master Graphics-Certified Autodesk Training Facility, Madison, WI, US, Revit Architecture 2013
The basics of building full 3D architectural project models. Work through all design phases of creating, importing and linking files. Architectural detailing and preparing documents for printing.
Conceptual design, importing and linking of files as well as the creation of all components for the basic building model. Special focus on creating walls, dimensions and other annotation. Training on setup of construction documents for printing in Revit Architecture 2013.
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, Honolulu, HI, US, Doctor of Architecture
Archawai‘i offers the only NAAB accredited Doctorate of Architecture, a seven-year program consisting of 126 undergraduate credits and 90 graduate credits. The program provides students the unique opportunity to extensively research a particular area of interest, supported by interdisciplinary coursework and one or two semesters of professional studio.
The Primary activities in the D.Arch program include: Framing architectural inquires within social, cultural, and interdisciplinary studies with emphasis on Asia and the Pacific; Investigating local/global relations evidenced in theory and practice with an emphasis on the quality of the built and natural environment; Critically testing and expanding the definitions of, and relationships between the academy and the profession; Using research as a basis for the grounding of design and as a primary means to expand knowledge in the discipline; and Participating with local and international partners in applied design research and community outreach projects.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, US, Bachelors, Bachelors of Science in Architectural Studies
Bachelor of Science, Architectural Studies (BSAS) is a four-year undergraduate program that prepares students for professional, masters-level training in architecture and other design fields. Students with a BSAS can embark on a career in architectural practice, but at a more limited level than professionals with a Master's degree. Consequently, a BSAS is a starting point for many students, who subsequently continue their studies or return to obtain a Master of Architecture or Master of Urban Planning degree